Looking for photo's of the Escape

prettycute_cc

Hi everyone!

Forgive me if I'm not in right spot but I am new to cruising as well as this is my very first cruise critic post! Yay me :D

Anyway, we are set to cruise on May 14th 2016. I am looking for any photos or at least tips/descriptions for an ocean view state room which holds a family of 5. Category 1.

My husband & I will be traveling with a 13yr old, 5yr old & 18mo old so I'm nervous of the tight fit! Along with our luggage I'll have a car seat with me for my 18mo old. I have no clue where we will all sleep & store everything! My husband and I have only ever been on one 3 day cruise before just the two of us.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Stacey

By Florida state law you should have a car seat for your 5 year old, even if he was 7 you would still need one. Lots of cab drivers denied us because we didn't have a car seat for our 5 year old. We had to rent a car and they rented us a car seat, that was by luck otherwise we would have bought one at Target.

I didn't know they had an ocean view that holds 5, I could be wrong.

Good luck with all that!

There are a series of Deck 5 family ocean views that sleep 5. There is a video on youtube that walks through the stateroom - search "escape family ocean view"

I originally booked 5 of us in one, and really thought about how much I would enjoy my husband, mom, and 15 and 12 y/o stuffed in 239 sf. I looked at the pics and guessed the config is about 20 x 12. My husband and 15 year old decided to go to Vail instead and I dropped them off the reservation before final payment.

Based on your kids age group you should be ok. 13 yo will be in pullman, and the 2 little ones on the pullout - I saw a review where a mom bought an inflatable bumper to keep them from falling.

For your car seat, just ask you room steward to store it. We had a car seat with us as well on the Escape in December. When our luggage was outside the room I caught our room steward down the hall and he said that he could store it for us. When I saw him in the morning on the last day I asked him to drop off the car seat in our room around 8 or 9 in the evening and he did just that.