Capt Marvin stingray tour

Dall

We're considering Capt Marvin, the only thing holding me back is that our ship doesn't arrive until 10:00 a.m. so we can only reserve the tour that starts at 1:45. Has anyone done this particular tour/time with them? It is supposed to be 2 1/2 hour tour. Wondering if we will get back in plenty of time, ship leaves at 6:00.

We're considering Capt Marvin, the only thing holding me back is that our ship doesn't arrive until 10:00 a.m. so we can only reserve the tour that starts at 1:45. Has anyone done this particular tour/time with them? It is supposed to be 2 1/2 hour tour. Wondering if we will get back in plenty of time, ship leaves at 6:00.

They have a two stop tour at 11:15 am. I did it the week before last from Silhouette. Also even though the time says 10:00 am we arrived early and I could have done the 10:00 tour but of course can't depend on that. The two stop tour at 11:15 is the same tour as the 1:45. You do have time to do the 1:45 time it was 2 1/2 hour from pickup at their office to return to the tender dock area, but I think you would do better with the 11:15 if space is available. We didnt actually have a reservation. We walked up to their office at 10:30 and they had space available without a reservation.

Edited by Charles4515

They have a two stop tour at 11:15 am. I did it the week before last from Silhouette. Also even though the time says 10:00 am we arrived early and I could have done the 10:00 tour but of course can't depend on that. The two stop tour at 11:15 is the same tour as the 1:45. You do have time to do the 1:45 time it was 2 1/2 hour from pickup at their office to return to the tender dock area, but I think you would do better with the 11:15 if space is available. We didnt actually have a reservation. We walked up to their office at 10:30 and they had space available without a reservation.

Thanks for that info. They won't let me prebook the 11:15 time slot, saying we have to meet half hour before scheduled time and we wouldn't be able to make it. They have us down for the later one. I think we'll try to get to their office if we get off in time and see if they have room on the earlier one.

One other question, do you remember if ships time is the same as local time?

Edited by Dall

We are having the same dilemma! We will be on the splendor the week of feb 21 & we dock at 10. We have f2f but they won't let us book the 11:15 because they said we won't be able to make it by 10:30. I feel like 1:45 is pushing it. We will have 2 kids with us & I don't want to risk being late (I also have that personality; early is on time, on time is late).

Thanks for that info. They won't let me prebook the 11:15 time slot, saying we have to meet half hour before scheduled time and we wouldn't be able to make it. They have us down for the later one. I think we'll try to get to their office if we get off in time and see if they have room on the earlier one.

One other question, do you remember if ships time is the same as local time?

Yes, the ships time is the same as local time for Cayman. I talked to the Captain about the early arrival and he told me that he tries to get there early because of the tendering. Because we got there early we didn't need tender tickets. I could have got to Captain Marvins earlier than I did. The early arrival was a surprise announcement about 9:30 that the ship was cleared and we could board tenders from then on and without tickets.

Since they won't let people reserve that time I think that makes it more likely there will be space available if you walk up. I think that explains why we were able to walk up without a reservation and get the 11:15 time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515