Luaus - Honolulu - No Dinner

wendycook22

Are there any Luaus in Honolulu, that do not include a dinner option?

We are interested in the Luau, but hubby and I are not one for buffets. We were hoping we could enjoy the show but have our dinning experience that evening in a restaurant before or after the show.

Do any Luaus have this as an option?

Thanks in advance!

This information was found in one of the "Luau" threads farther down the page:

The Priness Kai'ulani Hotel has the Te Moana Nui Polynesian Luau Dinner Show. There is an option for $105 including the dinner, but for only $60 you can skip the luau and just see the show with cocktails. Might be just what you are looking for.

I believe the Polynesian Cultural Center also has a luau package including the show or you can just book the show.

I would definately pick one which has a beach or ocean front location vs something which has no ambiance.

A wonderful place for appys and cocktails on the lawn oceanfront with Hawaiian music and hula every night beginning at 5:30 is at House Without a Key in the Haleukulani Hotel. You can also have dinner on the covered lanai and still see and hear. No reservations.

• 3 weeks later...

They have a luau at the Wakiki Aquarium on Kalakaua Ave. They have two options, one with the buffet and one without. I haven't been to it yet but you can check out their website. You can get there on "the bus" #19 or #20. It is just past the zoo and before diamond head.

They have a luau at the Wakiki Aquarium on Kalakaua Ave. They have two options, one with the buffet and one without. I haven't been to it yet but you can check out their website. You can get there on "the bus" #19 or #20. It is just past the zoo and before diamond head.

I don't think they offer a no-food option. The choices on the website are the regular seats with a buffet or VIP seating with table service.

The fire dancer/coconut tree climber from the Polynesian Cultural Center is the "Chief" when they called this the "Chief's Luau". He stole the show at the PCC.