Safe flight time from YVR after Alaska cruise?

POA1

Regarding tight connections, it is possible the ship's arrival might be delayed. There could be a weather-related delay, mechanical difficulties, a person overboard, a rescue of another vessel, etc. It is rare, and delays are usually brief, but it does happen. From personal experience I am just as concerned with a ship's late arrival as I am with getting to the airport or railway station.

Amongst the "anti public transit" comments, I am pleased to read so many positive comments about using the Skytrain. The Skytrain doesn't suit everyone, of course, but it is a good system. I am partial to trains but concede that if one has mobility issues or a lot of luggage it is not the most convenient.

In May we took the Sytrain from the airport to the pier - actually the hotel atop the pier because we stayed two days before the cruise. We intended on taking the train back after the cruise but we ended up booking the HAL transfer simply because we had a lot of OBC and a lot of time before our mid-afternoon flight to Toronto.

The skytrain system is excellent when it runs properly. In May you probably wouldn't have any issues, but it tends to break down when the weather is too hot (last year was brutal, stranding people for hours) and when it is too cold. I have been stuck in a tunnel and missed my train connection when I worked downtown many times. But, as far as public transit goes, I prefer it to the bus and take my chances.

Looking for some advice on what would be considered a safe flight time after a Vancouver round trip Alaska cruise that returns on a Saturday morning - early April if that matters. We'll be returning to the US, and our choices look to be 11:50 AM or 1:20 PM. There are earlier flights, but I don't think we'd make 9 AM. There are also some late, red-eye flights, but we avoid them if at all possible.

Since the time difference isn't that great, choose 1:20 for peace of mind.