What if the weather is raining?

kthan

I will go to Grand Caymand next week with Mariner and found that Oct is their rainy season. The forecast also expects raining on the day we arrive (Oct 13, Thur).

I booked Avis retnal car to go to Rum Point. What do you think about going to Rum Point at a rainy day? Would it still be fun and enjoyable? If not due to the weather, what would be the alternative we can enjoy the island?

To locals, if the weather is raining, is it typical to continue throughout the day? Or, is it just occasional scattered showers (on/off) (I mean normal weather in Oct).

I wouldn't think that the beaches would be much fun if it were raining.

So far, we have been lucky with the weather in the Cayman's. If it rains this next visit, we may get off to shop a little, but will probably stay on the ship. Keep in mind that if the weather is particularly windy with the rain, the tenders will not be able to operate. For this reason, if we book an excursion, we either go through the cruise line or book with someone we trust to reimburse us or does not expect payment until time of service.

We use NativeWay (unfortunately, they will be on vacation when we arrive on the 22nd.)

What is the Avis policy for "no shows?"

BTW - Where did you see the weather forecast for the Caribbean? I'm almost afraid to take a look. :(

I saw the foreceast at weather.com. I check it everyday. It seems to be the forceast is constantly changing, but not much.

I booked the Avis but didn't give any credit card number. So, I think it would be okay even if I didn't rent a car.

How about Stingray tour at rainy day? I don't think it is as pleasant as sunny day.

Archived