5 day cruise

We are taking our first 5 day cruise (all adults) this April on the Splendor, and I was just wondering besides the obvious (less ports, days at sea, etc) what are some of the differences? Do they still have the horseracing , chocolate buffet, outside setup for snacks one evening, etc? This is my sister and her husbands first cruise and I am hoping it will be as much fun as a 7 day.

I have taken a couple of 5 day cruises and all of them offered all the same things my 7 day cruises did, inluding a midnight chocolate buffet. The only differences I have noticed is that the majority of the pax are locals from the port city who are just taking a quick get away. In my experience the shorter cruises are usually a younger crowd (25-50 or so) and like to have a lively fun filled cruise. The other difference I have noticed is the formal nights are not quite as formal. People still get gussied up but you will not see many tuxes or flowing gowns. Most guys wear a suit coat some just a nice shirt and tie and most the ladies are in fancy cocktail dresses as opposed to the long gowns. We love the short cruises and usually do one a year in addition to a 7 nighter.

Thank you so much for your responses. I have been trying for years to get my sister and her husband to go with us and finally managed. I was hoping they would offer all the fun things (since she said if they enjoyed it they would start going with us.

Archived