Caribbean Princess Lido Stateroom

awfw

For our Oct. 2004 Caribbean Princess cruise we booked a BA Guarantee stateroom. Last week I checked the Cruise Personalizer and saw that we have been assigned Room L312. A couple of questions-

Once a stateroom has been assigned (with a guarantee room) are we still eligible for an upgrade? Has anyone had an experience with this?

Also, there does not seem to be much info about the Lido deck BA cabins. I am a bit concerned about the location of this cabin being the closest to the pool area, especially noise and traffic to and from this area. Also are the balconies totally covered? The positives could be there is only one neighbor and a very short walk to the bar LOL!

Thanks for any info.

AWFW

awfw,

we are in cabin L310 June 5 sailing. We were upgraded to this cabin as well from a BB guarantee. I am hoping to still be upgraded to a mini, but it appears the ship is sold out. I'm like you, if the noise is not a problem, it appears this cabin is in a great location being so close to the pools, jacuzzis, horizen court and bars! I plan on writing a report and will let you know about the cabin.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

on Caribbean Princess June 5, 2004

Larry

Hello . just returned form the Golden Princess( same ship as Carribbean, less one deck) and we had Lido 235.

First, your cruise is so far out yet that you most likely will get an upgrade so at this point I would definately keep the booking.

Second, we encountered NO noise or traffic issues at all, you are seperated from the pool areas by two glass doors, and since the hall way is dead end , no one comes down your way except other Lido deck cabin occupants.

Third , and this is the only negative I have,the sea was rough on our first day out and being at the front of the ship and on a top deck was not the ideal location, if we had to do it again we would book lower and midship, BUT, this is because I am somewhat prone to seasickness, but my hubby is NOT, so this may not be aproblem for you.

All in all you have a great location, we really liked the proximity to the food, pools and elevators, wait it out and see if you get a minisuitem, you probaly will!

PS The balconys are covered but you still get some sun.If you are cat. ba ask for a Caribe balcony as they are bigger!! ( and lower!) and then have the notation " no upgrades except to minisuite" put on your file.

[This message was edited by pg. on 04-25-04 at 09:58 AM.]

Thanks, for your responses. I'll hang in there with hopes for the minisuite upgrade. LarryF, hope you get your upgrade, too, but if not I'll look forward to your review in June. Have a great trip.

awfw

I got returned from Caribbean Princess also being on the Lido deck. I heard no noise from passerby's except for the obnoxious person that kept slamming the door (but nobody can help that). We had very rough seas the first 2 nights and YES you can really feel it on the higher decks. I don't get seasick so I would choose to be on the Lido deck again for convenience.

Archived