Online check in impossible

Rob-Bob

Has anyone successfully completed the online check in with accurate information. I have tried numerous times and city/county/state have been scrambled, passport does not show as document source. It says things can be edited but getting in and out is a choir and when I am done things do not change even after hitting save and submit.

I have been in and out 20 times trying to get thing correct with no luck. Information is close (95%) but not perfect. It is very frustrating.

I was able to enter the information with little problem.....but apparently that's not the norm.

Wait until you go to order shore excursions, drinks packages, etc. – that's an entirely different exercise in futility.

I did try to buy a drink package a few weeks ago and was unsuccessful doing it on-line. I called and the rep told me that she understood the web problems and typically people call. She looked me up and said since I had booked with an outside TA I needed to contact them for the drink package.

I contacted my TA and they finally got it added. She said she called twice and was on hold for 50+ minutes both times. It seems like I have a package but not 100% things are right since it really doesn't show details on the MSC website. The cost was added to my account and final payment is due in one week. I really would like to be sure everything is good before paying but is seems like MSC is overwhelmed with Seaside bookings (by the way I did book the Seaside with aid from a phone call to MSC - web site could not do).

I am confident the Divina will be great and I will have a great cruise but rocky sailing so far with check in and accounting clarity.

Has anyone successfully completed the online check in with accurate information. I have tried numerous times and city/county/state have been scrambled, passport does not show as document source. It says things can be edited but getting in and out is a choir and when I am done things do not change even after hitting save and submit.

I have been in and out 20 times trying to get thing correct with no luck. Information is close (95%) but not perfect. It is very frustrating.

I remember having trouble before my Divina cruise and I was told to try different browsers. I don't remember how, but it worked eventually. I had similar problems on the Celebrity website for my upcoming cruise so I know it's not just MSC.

I was told I couldn't do on-line check-in until after final payment. Is this true? I was able to enter all information, just not save it or have acknowledgement that it was completed.

It was a chore, but I was able to book my beverage vouchers, OBC to pay tips, dining package and shore excursions. Yes, MSC got their money's worth from me. LOL

I have had no problem at all.

I was told I couldn't do on-line check-in until after final payment. Is this true? I was able to enter all information, just not save it or have acknowledgement that it was completed.

It was a chore, but I was able to book my beverage vouchers, OBC to pay tips, dining package and shore excursions. Yes, MSC got their money's worth from me. LOL

I just did online check in and have not yet paid in full but it was a rather cumbersome process, their website needs some improvement for sure!

• 1 month later...

I ended up booking my September cruise through an online agent because I kept hitting an error when trying to book through the MSC site. So my question is, should I be able to access my booking now or after final payment date (7-5-16)? I was hoping to input passport and emergency contact information just to get all my ducks in a row.

We have been dealing directly with an agent with MSC through their office in Ft. Lauderdale.

The process has been very easy and everything has been correct. She is quick to respond to my emails or she calls me if my question would better be answered verbally.

I have not had any issues accessing my booking online.