Any recent cruisers tour with Royston?

Sky616

We have a reservation to tour with him in April. I know he had some bad reviews earlier last year. I think some people were stood up but I checked Trip Advisor and lately they have all been positive. Looking for some more feedback.

We went on the Island Tour on Christmas Day with Royston. Well, actually Royston decided to take the day off and sent us out with a very laid back relative who didn't seem to be happy about working on Christmas Day (and who could blame him). We found out at the meeting point that the lunch was not going to be included because it was Christmas, and that we would have to pay all of our entrance fees. The price of the tour was reduced, but it would have been nice to know of the changes in advance. The guide wasn't particularly talkative, and when he did talk, he was very difficult to hear. We loved the fortress, and the guide gave us plenty of time there. Every time we pulled up to a stopping place, he'd pull over and ask if we wanted to get out and look around, or if we should just keep going. At the end of the island tour, he asked if anyone wanted to go to the beach, or if we wanted to be done. Of course we wanted the beach! Then he wanted everyone to agree how long we would stay... kinda difficult with a group with differing opinions.

I think any other day of the year we would have had a better experience with Royston. It wasn't a bad experience, it was "fine". It would have been nice to know that the lunch was no longer included and that we had to pay the entrance fees out of pocket, but we enjoyed seeing the island and loved South Friar's Beach at the end of the tour.

• 3 weeks later...

You probably had Royston's cousin Ashton and that's just him very low speaking. I had him our first trip to St Kitts and then requested him the next two trips. He is so loveable and wants you to be pleased with your visit.

I'm sorry you had a bad day that is definitely typical of Royston or Ashton.

I have recommended them to a number of people and they have never been disappointed.