Child Proofing Hallway Door

fdwt994

I've read this thread with interest....

Here's what we would do in that situation (and this is not to tell anyone else what THEY should do...this is just what WE let me repeat that....WE would do....)

We would book 2 rooms, adjoining...put the kids to sleep in the adjoining room ....and since I'm saying what WE would do, I should probably add here, that it would take a full hour to get the kids to sleep because they would talk...laugh.....giggle...get out of bed 10 times saying they're thirsty...or hungry....or need to go to the bathroom.... Remember, this is MY story....) :)

During this time, my husband and I would be in the other room talking, watching TV....sending kids back to bed multiple times.... (ugh) I might paint my toenails......or take a long shower on Carnival's hot water. haha! perhaps order something chocolate through room service. :) :) You know....things that adults do in the evenings after kids are in bed.

When we were ready to go to bed, we would move one of the angelically sleeping angels into 'our' room. We would choose whichever one was easiest to move without waking....in deepest sleep? or closest to the edge of the bed.... Then one parent would sleep in each room.

Tape, bells, suitcase in front of the door would all be considered to keep them from escaping during the 'going to sleep" phase, but any barricades would be removed before we all went to bed just for safety (fire code etc...) reasons. I'd leave the bells...that's a good idea... :)

Do we do this at home? Of course not... We also don't live in a house with 1000 cabins....100's of thousands of square feet...shared with 3000 other people....

Oh.....and our house is not in the middle of the ocean. Different situations call for different measures....imho

AGAIN...this is what WE would do...not meant to tell anyone ELSE what THEY should do with their own children...

Perhaps it gives others something to think about...and perhaps no one really cares what we would do. tehehe! :eek: ;)

Edited by rgmacm

Here's what we would do in that situation (and this is not to tell anyone else what THEY should do...this is just what WE let me repeat that....WE would do....)

We would book 2 rooms, adjoining...put the kids to sleep in the adjoining room ....and since I'm saying what WE would do, I should probably add here, that it would take a full hour to get the kids to sleep because they would talk...laugh.....giggle...get out of bed 10 times saying they're thirsty...or hungry....or need to go to the bathroom.... Remember, this is MY story....) :)

During this time, my husband and I would be in the other room talking, watching TV....sending kids back to bed multiple times.... (ugh) I might paint my toenails......or take a long shower on Carnival's hot water. haha! perhaps order something chocolate through room service. :) :) You know....things that adults do in the evenings after kids are in bed.

When we were ready to go to bed, we would move one of the angelically sleeping angels into 'our' room. We would choose whichever one was easiest to move without waking....in deepest sleep? or closest to the edge of the bed.... Then one parent would sleep in each room.

Tape, bells, suitcase in front of the door would all be considered to keep them from escaping during the 'going to sleep" phase, but any barricades would be removed before we all went to bed just for safety (fire code etc...) reasons. I'd leave the bells...that's a good idea... :)

Do we do this at home? Of course not... We also don't live in a house with 1000 cabins....100's of thousands of square feet...shared with 3000 other people....

Oh.....and our house is not in the middle of the ocean. Different situations call for different measures....imho

AGAIN...this is what WE would do...not meant to tell anyone ELSE what THEY should do with their own children...

Perhaps it gives others something to think about...and perhaps no one really cares what we would do. tehehe! ;)

ROFL ... this post of yours is wayyyyy too practical. Thus most will ignore it even exists since your reasons make sense and blow many of their reasons out of the water

I think this is entertaining to read. This exact question was posted to CC favorite... JH fb page and the parents were getting a lot of shameful comments. Atleast here are a few good ideas here though unlike fb.

Maybe the question could have been worded different so that parenting skills wouldn't be judged here by some. Example: sleep walking kid with heavy sleeping parents in "same" room...

My suggestion be it pure joking is to take a screwdriver and just turn the door lock around. Then just worry who will try and get into the room from the outside.

One problem fixed potentially thousands more created.

Edited by kindatravelsavy19

Perhaps it gives others something to think about...and perhaps no one really cares what we would do. tehehe! :eek: ;)

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Your description of the falling asleep routine had me cracking up!