Curious about ships registry

Just a question out of curiosity more than anything.

Just picked up docs for brilliance in November and the small print at the very back lists the carrier as RCL (UK) Ltd.

Other docs we've had always list the carrier as Royal Caribbean Miami.

I know its sad reading all the small print but it just seemed strange and was wondering if there is a reason for it and if it just applies to Brilliance.

I'm sure someone out there will know:)

I believe that the Brilliance is the only one of RCI's ships that is in this category. I am sure that there are financial or legal reasons for this ship's particular status but suspect only a corporate tax attorney or financial expert could explain them, and even then we might not understand the rationale. (LOL) To all intents and purposes, as far as passengers are concerned, I don't think the distinction is especially relevant. :)

As I said its just curiosity and I had thought along similar lines to yourself, I just thought it strange that brilliance appears to be the only one in the fleet set up this way, it'd be easier for my small brain to understand if more than one was set up differently..

Anyhow like you say I don't think it makes any difference at all to the cruise and thanks for the reply

Archived