Paradise islands

Hello me and my husband are going on the thomson celebration on 6th march on a paradize island cruise. This is our first ever cruise and long haul flight so are very excited and nervous so was hoping for some advice.

1. When we get to barbadous do we get our luggage as on a normal holiday,

2. What happens once we get to the ship

3. We have booked an outside cabin deck 3-4 has anyone any advice

4. What are the rstaurants like - do we have to dress up every night

5. We have booked some excursions through thomsons, but what could we do on the last day when we dock back in Barbados

6. What happens on 1st day and last day

Sorry for so many questions, any advice would be extremely helpful.

Thank you

!

Hello me and my husband are going on the thomson celebration on 6th march on a paradize island cruise. This is our first ever cruise and long haul flight so are very excited and nervous so was hoping for some advice.

1. When we get to barbadous do we get our luggage as on a normal holiday,

2. What happens once we get to the ship

3. We have booked an outside cabin deck 3-4 has anyone any advice

4. What are the rstaurants like - do we have to dress up every night

5. We have booked some excursions through thomsons, but what could we do on the last day when we dock back in Barbados

6. What happens on 1st day and last day

Sorry for so many questions, any advice would be extremely helpful.

Thank you

!

You will love this cruise. We are off there in January again.

1. You leave your case at the departure airport, and next time you see it is outside your cabin door.

2. When the transfer coach from the airport drops you at the ship you get registered - they issue you with your ship card which is used for any ship purchases and to get on and off ship at ports, and take details of credit/debit card you wish to use to settle your on board account. Credit card incurs a charge but debit card doesn't. You can pay £200 cash up front and top up as and when needed too. You get a photo taken and then make your way to the ship where someone will show you to your cabin.

3. We always have an inside cabin and don't pre-book so can't help you there.

4. There is a buffet restaurant which is casual and a served restaurant which is smart casual apart from gala night when men tend to wear suits, tux or dinner jackets, although my husband fine in good trousers, white shirt and dickie bow tie. Women get glammed up.

5. On the last day it will depend on departure time. Some trips are run.

6. First day is getting to know your cabin and the ship and joining in the lifeboat drill before the sail away party. Last day you can eat and drink on board as usual, but will have your hand luggage to see to. They sometimes have somewhere you can leave it securely. Cases for the hold are collected around 2am and you don't see them again till you get to your home airport.

Have fun.

Gill.

Hi Deerder how exciting, you will find the flight goes quicker than you think, with a mid day meal and a snack before landing and when you arrive in Barbados you usually depart the plane straight onto the coach no worries about the dreaded luggage carrousel or going through passport control.

I would recommend that you take a change of clothes, just tee shirt and shorts in your hand luggage, for when you arrive because it will be a bit warmer:) we also always mix our luggage up just incase one case is delayed then you both have something to wear, you probably already know that:rolleyes:

Just have a great time we will be leaving on the day you arrive so will try not to drink all the supplies that is if gillhalfpint leaves any for us as they go first:p

Tell me your favourite tipple and I will try to leave you some. I should be sorting my packing as 7 days from now we will be about halfway there, but I am watching snooker. Had a panic when I couldn't find my sunhat this morning, hate packing, but just the thought of the warm Caribbean seas and lush islands......sigh......so happy!!

Thank you for your advice. Please do leave me some drinks left, really looking forward to some lovely cocktails.

Just another couple of questions .. sorry, we are goinf full board, does this just mean, breakfast, lunch and evenjng meal or are snacks included as well and what about drinks, I know alcohol isnt included but are soft drinks coffee ect included.

People have mentioned the sail away party, where will this be and what is included. I am getting so excited already, I cread to think what im going to be nearer the time. Thanks again:):):)

No it means all the food and snacks, we normally head to the self service at midnight for a late curry for me and a discussing look from Mrs PC. You do have to pay for speciality restaurants, which IMO are well worth it. You can have water with your meals and tea coffee orang juice etc with breakfast and coffee in the bars all day. If you like cocktails try the long island tea, but not to many and gillhalfpint my favorite is a rustynail and I have never known them run our, very sad I know but I'm tracking today's flight and I have 6 weeks to go😕

I liked the Bahama Mama no ice, takes a bit of time to get them to do it but what a lovely long drink that was. So easy to keep them coming though!!

Great to get up around 6am and go up to Lido for a cuppa, have a wander round the prom deck in the peace and quiet, watching the sun rise, then the next island coming up. If you have room for it, there is an afternoon tea served up with quite a variety of sandwiches, biscuits, cream scones, trifles, cakes and all sorts really, so if you get back from a shore trip too late for lunch you don't starve till your evening meal.

Go with the flow and enjoy every minute.

Thank you for your advice. Please do leave me some drinks left, really looking forward to some lovely cocktails.

Just another couple of questions .. sorry, we are goinf full board, does this just mean, breakfast, lunch and evenjng meal or are snacks included as well and what about drinks, I know alcohol isnt included but are soft drinks coffee ect included.

People have mentioned the sail away party, where will this be and what is included. I am getting so excited already, I cread to think what im going to be nearer the time. Thanks again:):):)

Hi Deedeer my self and mrs Saint ,are on the same cruise as yourself have done this cruise twice before once on dream,and one very much the same on carnival victory, are you having the one week cruising or doing a B TO B we are stopping at the Sea Breeze hotel first, i hope you enjoy your first cruise, i know you will there so much to see and do and if you want to see a little of this pretty island please do the island tour on your last day save,s hanging around on the ship twiddleing your thumb,s waiting for aircraft, and you get dropped of at the airport, once again enjoy,we might meet up HOWARD :cool:

That's good advice for your last day particularly on your first cruise. I would also recommend that you try everything on the ship all restaurants and entertainment areas its amazing how many cruiser's find something they really enjoyed on the last day, the only other thing is if you are doing excursions do the round island ones to give you an idea of what's available for next time, because you will be back as everyone who have replied to this post knows😀😀😀

That's good advice for your last day particularly on your first cruise. I would also recommend that you try everything on the ship all restaurants and entertainment areas its amazing how many cruiser's find something they really enjoyed on the last day, the only other thing is if you are doing excursions do the round island ones to give you an idea of what's available for next time, because you will be back as everyone who have replied to this post knows😀😀😀

Hi P.C nice to see you have been very helpful to everybody looking for advice ,i worked this morning on the three Queen,s all doing there world cruise,s 110 day,s and more , but it can be broken into segment,s of there cruise, imagine having the drink,s pac, :eek: :p look after your self Howard

Thank you again for all your advice.

Howard we are only doing a 1 week cruise, you never know we might bump into each other.

The afternoon teas sound lovely and I like the idea of a island trip on the last day.

Sorry another question, mosquitoes like me, I will be bringing some repellent put I normaaly take a plug in as well for our accommodation, do you think I will need this on the ship. Thank you

Thank you again for all your advice.

Howard we are only doing a 1 week cruise, you never know we might bump into each other.

The afternoon teas sound lovely and I like the idea of a island trip on the last day.

Sorry another question, mosquitoes like me, I will be bringing some repellent put I normaaly take a plug in as well for our accommodation, do you think I will need this on the ship. Thank you

Hi Deedeer myself have never had mossy bite,s in the cabin,keep your aircon on high when you go a shore and when you come back take off flip-flop at the ready, hold them down with your left foot and give them a good hiding, hope this help,s :p

Just returned after our two week cruise on celebration :(

We had a great time and would do it all again !!

For your last day I would suggest the Farewell Barbados tour as it finishes off the holiday nicely - we went and it stopped us from just wandering around aimlessly - most places and shops are closed on Sundays in Barbados.

Try and do some research on your port of calls before you go and it might give you some ideas of what to do and what to expect!

Most of our ports of call we did things on our own using public transport - buses - which gave us more of a feel for the local areas and people I think. We just made sure we headed back to the ship in plenty of time to look around the port towns and get back on board!!!

One of our best trips was one I organised with Cosol tours in St Lucia which I pre-booked before we went. it was a great day out looking at the island's highlights, was well organised and we didn't have to pay until the end of the trip!

Hope you have a great time :)