Need ladies advice on best spa day!!

Dennislee2

Hello ladies,

Not being sexist I guess the guys can answer too. :D

I was wanting to surprise my wife with a massage and pedicure on our next cruise, which is our 25th wedding anniversary. So, since it's a surprise, I didn't want to ask her. But which day is best to pre-purchase/schedule the 2 treatments? We leave on a Saturday and I was thinking that our first full day at sea would be best. My thought was she would start the vacation relaxed, stress free. It's an 8 day cruise with 3 port days.

What do you ladies think? Do you prefer 1st day treatments or midway through, maybe the last day?

If I were scheduling it for myself I would do it for the last sea day but honestly I think it's the thought that counts in this instance! I would be appreciative of whatever date/time you picked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is sweet! I would go with the first Sea Day. It's a nice way to kick off the vacation and you won't have to worry about her booking those services for herself before you can surprise her with them.

I would do the first sea day, unless she is the type to have one done before the trip. (Especially if you are doing a winter cruise.) I would be delighted if DH did something like this for me, but if he did it the last day I would be slightly disappointed that I would have less time to "show off" my cruise toes. You know your wife and her habits, but I would throw that out there.

Maybe split them up to? Could always do one on the 1st and another on the last day...

Thanks for the suggestions and reasoning. She rarely spends money on herself and wouldn't ever book a massage or pedicures. She enjoys both, but feels the money could be spent paying bills or something, but I feel vacation is about us and we have to relax and enjoy. We are going in July and just had a thought that I might get her a pedicure the day or two before we leave, so then she can show off the toes on the cruise. Then a massage early in the cruise and see if they offer specials towards the end.

Thanks again for the ideas and suggestions.

I think it's a lovely idea. I personally would love it any time, and the first sea day is great! My only thought is....will she get a mani/pedi right before the cruise??? Some women do. If so, then book it at the end. If not, day 1 is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk