What am I forgetting to pack???

jennraycruise

no need to waste luggage space bringing beach towels when Carnival provides them. I always forget my insulated mug

Are the beach towels large and plush (more like a nicer beach "blankets" at Target)? Debating on bringing my own towels as well.

Maybe I overlooked these things but I don't think I saw them on the list

Jeans and Sweaters

Even if it's a Caribbean cruise, it gets really cold at night on the ship. The AC is almost always on full blast. Going to dinner, the piano bar, or one of the shows will make you wish you had long pants and a sweater or two.

Try to bring a couple of cute warm cardigans. That way they can be mixed and match with a couple of outfits.

I learned this lesson when I was probably about 12 or 13 and I kept forgetting to bring a sweater for dinner for our cruises. I would borrow my mom's lol

Contact lens case.

Hair dryer.

Curling iron.

White underwear to wear with white shorts.

I also take sweat pants to wear in the comedy club since it's usually cold in there.

If booked into Steakhouse first night, slacks or dress must be worn, no shorts. Depending on when you get your luggage you might not have slacks so put it in carry one.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Blowdryer. I've always heard that ship's blowdryers are very weak. Can anyone confirm this.

I decided to forgo my blow dryer last week and used the ships. Although it was strong, you have to always have your finger on the button. It worked but, I like mine better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzlover7

Maybe I overlooked these things but I don't think I saw them on the list

Jeans and Sweaters

Even if it's a Caribbean cruise, it gets really cold at night on the ship. The AC is almost always on full blast. Going to dinner, the piano bar, or one of the shows will make you wish you had long pants and a sweater or two.

Try to bring a couple of cute warm cardigans. That way they can be mixed and match with a couple of outfits.

I learned this lesson when I was probably about 12 or 13 and I kept forgetting to bring a sweater for dinner for our cruises. I would borrow my mom's lol

Yes, I agree after being in the hot sun all day the dining room and the show areas are chilly. Bring a couple of neutral light sweaters or something with long sleeves.

Here's the link to an interactive packing list that I've used on my past few cruises. I love it bc I can mark what I need and you can also add things that you may have that aren't listed. I print it out, put it on a clip board and then highlight things as I pack them so that I can see clearly what I've packed and what I still need to get into the suit cases.

http://www.independenttraveler.com/packing

Have fun on your cruise!!

In addition to what has been mentioned...

- air freshener for the bathroom

- shoe goo

- backup sunglasses

- flathead screwdriver (to fix balcony door from whistling)

- sanitizing towelettes (remote control, door handles and anything else we touch)

- 1 foot square magnet sheet

- Patois phrases (fun bathroom book)

http://www.amazon.com/-Z-Jamaican-Patois-Patwah-Phrases/dp/1481752340

Shoe Goo is new on the list, sole came right off wife's shoe last year on way to MDR.

The big magnet is actually to cover the in-room speaker as long as it is on the ceiling. I got it at home depot in the ventilation department used to cover up heat vents.

Is the over the door organizer approved? The rules changed recently. They can't have hooks anymore but Command strips are ok

I have not even heard about this. I have always used the ones with two big hooks. Do you know why they are not allowed? Thank you for letting us know.

My last cruise they took my small plastic fan out of my suitcase and I had to go to the "naughty room" after the cruise to retrieve it.

I have not even heard about this. I have always used the ones with two big hooks. Do you know why they are not allowed? Thank you for letting us know.

My last cruise they took my small plastic fan out of my suitcase and I had to go to the "naughty room" after the cruise to retrieve it.

The hooks scratch the doors :(. And sometimes they're too thick and really mess things up.

I can't believe they took a fan?!?! I've seen lots of people on here say that they always bring one.

Thank you to those that commented on White noise apps. I tried White Noise Pro 2 today. Just checking out the sounds (probably less than 10 mins) it made my phone get hot and was down to 75% battery. :( It had lots of different noises, but I really only liked a couple of the rain ones. I had to chuckle at some of the choices. Rattling coins, dogs grinding (bone? or teeth?) These sound like annoying sound to me, but just my thought. I guess if you are used to someone shaking a can of coins next to your head or your dog chewing on a bone to go to sleep, that's your prerogative! I was thinking about my dog and her loud breathing, snore. That's kind of peaceful. But I would not make a track of my DH snoring. That is just annoying, haha :eek:

If you enjoy candy bars, chips, etc., bring your own. The prices of these in the gift shop are outrageous! :rolleyes:

I totally agree. With the ship having so much food, it's surprising that we would even need anything else to snack on. But its does happen. At least to me. For something like room service sandwiches. They come with plain Lays chips, but I like different ones (Flamin Hots, sour cream and onion, Doritos, etc). Or even for the beach excursions. Gum and mints too. Just try to bring your own because small things costs way too much.

Thank you to those that commented on White noise apps. I tried White Noise Pro 2 today. Just checking out the sounds (probably less than 10 mins) it made my phone get hot and was down to 75% battery. :( It had lots of different noises, but I really only liked a couple of the rain ones. I had to chuckle at some of the choices. Rattling coins, dogs grinding (bone? or teeth?) These sound like annoying sound to me, but just my thought. I guess if you are used to someone shaking a can of coins next to your head or your dog chewing on a bone to go to sleep, that's your prerogative! I was thinking about my dog and her loud breathing, snore. That's kind of peaceful. But I would not make a track of my DH snoring. That is just annoying, haha :eek:

DH uses "Resound" on the ship. He plugs the phone in at nite. We use "at the beach". It's ocean waves :)

Phone doesn't get hot.

Edited by Preacherman46

Shoe Goo? This reminds me of a few years ago. I was cruising with my BFF and when we were waiting to debark in the lounge with hundreds of people, one poor lady had just broken one of her only pair of sandals not in the luggage. I had just received my 3rd or 4th Carnival ditty bag, so I whipped it out, cut off the strings with my tiny fingernail clippers, and wrapped it around her shoe and foot. Effectively holding her shoe on until she could get to the car and her luggage.

Just saying, I don't think Shoe Goo would have helped, but there is always a way.