picky about alcohol

crowleychick

I've been reading all the threads about bringing alcohol on board. We're first- timers on Grand Princess in Feb 06. I would be happy to order ahead, etc., but what I like is not on the Princess site. I would be happy to buy a bottle at the bar upon boarding, but I don't want to get on board and find out they don't carry Parrot Bay Cococut Rum. I like to try to follow the rules, but I want my Parrot Bay (not Malibu)! Yes, I know I'm picky! Is there anywhere to get a full listing of liquors available?

Thanks for all ya'll's help on these sites. I'm learning so much. I'm excited!!!!!

I've been reading all the threads about bringing alcohol on board. We're first- timers on Grand Princess in Feb 06. I would be happy to order ahead, etc., but what I like is not on the Princess site. I would be happy to buy a bottle at the bar upon boarding, but I don't want to get on board and find out they don't carry Parrot Bay Cococut Rum. I like to try to follow the rules, but I want my Parrot Bay (not Malibu)! Yes, I know I'm picky! Is there anywhere to get a full listing of liquors available?

Thanks for all ya'll's help on these sites. I'm learning so much. I'm excited!!!!!

I believe the website has the full listing. There may be an additional listing in the Cruise Answer Book, which you will get closer to your sailing date.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

If you enjoy a special liquor Princess doesn't stock I'd recommend bringing your own.

The Grand Princess was first our Princess cruise and we're hooked... ;)

Just returned from 7 days on the Caribbean Princess. I packed a bottle of Parrot Bay Coconut Rum as well as 2 bottles of Seagram's VO for DH in my checked luggage and it went through without problems! Sure helped out on the bar expenses on the ship! We did purchase several drinks from the bar while sailing, but it was nice to have alcohol in our room to consume at our leisure on our balcony! I also packed small cans of pineapple juice and grapefruit juice for us to use as mixers!

They sell Parrot Bay in port, but most of the time you are not allowed to take it with you to your room. It is taken from you when you return to the ship and delivered to your cabin on the last day of your cruise. I'm not sure if the bars on the ship sell PB or not.

Hope this helps!

Crowleychick, have you ever tried the Bacardi coconut rum? OMG! I think it's far better than the Parrot Bay and has a little more alcohol percentage. I don't care for Malibu either, but the Bacardi one is so smooth. It's not the sticky sweet like Malibu can be.

Archived