Upgrade offer just called us

pooh/tigger

Hmmmm, bummer. We saw a video that showed the private dining area and there was a small pool and hot tub. Is that a area we would have access to or is that just haven folks as well?

Only for haven folks[emoji45]. The haven is nice and we were offered a haven suite or the SC so we took the SC. the haven was another $1000 on top of the SC we were offered. We have been on the haven on other boats and it is great but you won't be disappointed with the non haven suite!

Only for haven folks[emoji45]. The haven is nice and we were offered a haven suite or the SC so we took the SC. the haven was another $1000 on top of the SC we were offered. We have been on the haven on other boats and it is great but you won't be disappointed with the non haven suite!

Sorry to keep bugging you. Our PCC said we have a private dining area for breakfast and lunch. Where is that at?

OP Don't forget to add the additional costs of tips for the concierge and butler. The offer is a little over $200.00 per day and the cost goes up with the additional tips.

It is your decision if the upgrade is worth it to you. The answer is in the numbers -- AKA math !

Edited by swedish weave

Sorry to keep bugging you. Our PCC said we have a private dining area for breakfast and lunch. Where is that at?

Cagneys. For the price you were offered its a steal and I would defiantly take it if you can afford it. Big difference from a mini suite to the 2 bedroom suite.

OP Don't forget to add the additional costs of tips for the concierge and butler. The offer is a little over $200.00 per day and the cost goes up with the additional tips.

It is your decision if the upgrade is worth it to you. The answer is in the numbers -- AKA math !

We prepaid our tips. We have never used the concierge. What's the daily tip rate for the butler? Doubt we would use them much at all but you never know u till your aboard, right?

Cagneys. For the price you were offered its a steal and I would defiantly take it if you can afford it. Big difference from a mini suite to the 2 bedroom suite.

I looked up pricing on their website and it shows $1250 per person for the suite on the week we cruise.

Make sure it's in the haven. 2 room suites not in the haven area do not get haven access on the Jade like the newer ships.

For clarification...

There are 2-bedroom family suites on deck 11 (outside of the Haven) which do not include Haven access.

There are Owner's suites on decks 10 and 9 (outside of the Haven) which DO include Haven access.

There are 2-bedroom family villas on deck 14 (inside Haven) which obviously include Haven access.

Edited by triptolemus

I looked up pricing on their website and it shows $1250 per person for the suite on the week we cruise.

Well if that is the case you will just be getting it at almost face value. To me I would take it but also like Swedish said you also have to consider tipping your butler and consigner. Tipping is whatever you think or how much you use them and they are not part of the DSC.

That comes out to $3750 for three people and you will be paying $3500 if you accept the offer. Savings of $250 off the present price.

I try to put a dollar figure on the amenities included in the upgrade and that tells me if it is a good value.

Re your previous question about the butler and concierge tips, I don't think there is a set amount, and the posts on CC vary widely regarding the amount.

For clarification...

There are 2-bedroom family suites on deck 11 (outside of the Haven) which do not include Haven access.

There are Owner's suites on decks 10 and 9 (outside of the Haven) which DO include Haven access.

There are 2-bedroom family villas on deck 14 (inside Haven) which obviously include Haven access.

Yes you are right. Forgot the owner suites. But the cabin the OP is talking about has no haven access.

Again is that $3750 for 3 people or does 3rd passenger pay less?

If you booked it today, you would get no Free at Sea perks (less than 30 days to sailing). I assume you have free drinks or free dining (for 2) with your current booking, and you get to keep that if you upgrade.

That comes out to $3750 for three people and you will be paying $3500 if you accept the offer. Savings of $250 off the present price.

I try to put a dollar figure on the amenities included in the upgrade and that tells me if it is a good value.

Re your previous question about the butler and concierge tips, I don't think there is a set amount, and the posts on CC vary widely regarding the amount.

Maybe when I call in the morning I should ask for lower offer and point out current price online? While the Haven would be a nice perk, having a 2 bedroom for us 3 would be nice. We are taking my mother on her very first cruise for her 90th birthday. First time out of the state as well. Pretty big deal for her. She is also going to zip line with us. And before anyone mentions, she's in better shape than most of my 50 something year old friends. She runs 3 miles a day.

Again is that $3750 for 3 people or does 3rd passenger pay less?

If you booked it today, you would get no Free at Sea perks (less than 30 days to sailing). I assume you have free drinks or free dining (for 2) with your current booking, and you get to keep that if you upgrade.

We have the free drink package. I love my lemon drops. He he

SC will not have access to the haven. It's a very nice room for the price though. We stayed in the same category cabin last week on the Jade. Wonderful suite but no access to the haven.

If it were haven, it would be an H4.

You will still have breakfast and lunch at Cagneys, butler and concierge service, priority boarding/tendering/disembarking and free room service, as well as the ability to have white tablecloth dining service in your suite from any restaurant on the ship (if you dont have UDP, specialties do cost), plus daily snacks, a VIP party with the senior officers and a reserved area in the theater for shows.

OP - A word of caution that comes from experience !!

Be sure to get the details in writing to be sure you are not giving up some of the things you have or that you have been promised.

If they tell you you will have haven access and will not lose what you have, ask for an email or amenities confirmation to avoid problems on the ship if someone decides not to give you what you are expecting.

Have a nice cruise !!!

An afterthought -- Some of the things mentioned such as priority boarding and tendering are given as Platinum perks, so should not figure into the big picture of the upgrade if you are Platinum..

Edited by swedish weave

OP - A word of caution that comes from experience !!

Be sure to get the details in writing to be sure you are not giving up some of the things you have or that you have been promised.

If they tell you you will have haven access and will not lose what you have, ask for an email or amenities confirmation to avoid problems on the ship if someone decides not to give you what you are expecting.

Have a nice cruise !!!

An afterthought -- Some of the things mentioned such as priority boarding and tendering are given as Platinum perks, so should not figure into the big picture of the upgrade if you are Platinum..

Thanks. I will do just that. Can't wait for morning so I can see what they have to offer us.

Abe, where was your cabin and any areas (perhaps other know this too) we should avoid when or if they give us a choice of suites?

Thanks. I will do just that. Can't wait for morning so I can see what they have to offer us.

Abe, where was your cabin and any areas (perhaps other know this too) we should avoid when or if they give us a choice of suites?

Deck 11 near front of the ship. Was a nice location close to elevators and splash academy. Also short walk to cagneys and the buffet. We had UBP, UDP, and $300 OBC when we booked. We kept all our promotions when we upgraded 2 weeks before our cruise from an Aft penthouse. To me it was worth the upgrade since we have enjoyed the 2 bedroom suites in the past and gave our son and us separate bedrooms and much more room in the cabin.

Edited by abe3

Deck 11 near front of the ship. Was a nice location close to elevators and splash academy. Also short walk to cagneys and the buffet. We had UBP, UDP, and $300 OBC when we booked. We kept all our promotions when we upgraded 2 weeks before our cruise from an Aft penthouse. To me it was worth the upgrade since we have enjoyed the 2 bedroom suites in the past and gave our son and us separate bedrooms and much more room in the cabin.

Yeah, having separate bedrooms and bathrooms is very appealing. I'm sure mom would like her own space. I do wish it would've included access to the Haven.

Has anyone ever gotten an offer like this and just asked for access to be included or is that something they wouldn't even consider?

Yeah, having separate bedrooms and bathrooms is very appealing. I'm sure mom would like her own space. I do wish it would've included access to the Haven.

Has anyone ever gotten an offer like this and just asked for access to be included or is that something they wouldn't even consider?

They won't give you access to the haven for that category. You can ask how much it would be to move up to the haven cabins. Just make sure your travel agent is giving you the right information because the larger ships like the getaway, breakaway suites not in the haven courtyard area still have access to the haven. But ships like the Jade Pearl, etc don't except the owner suites which was mentioned before.

Just buy your mom a spa pass for $149. She would really enjoy that.

They won't give you access to the haven for that category. You can ask how much it would be to move up to the haven cabins. Just make sure your travel agent is giving you the right information because the larger ships like the getaway, breakaway suites not in the haven courtyard area still have access to the haven. But ships like the Jade Pearl, etc don't except the owner suites which was mentioned before.

Just buy your mom a spa pass for $149. She would really enjoy that.

We booked thru our PCC at Norwegian. She is the one who called and asked us to call in the morning.

We are good with the current perks for that suite. The Haven would just be a neat bonus but not a deal breaker.

We have the UDP and also doing some private excursions in Belize and Roatan so the priority tender will come in handy in Belize.

We've stayed in suite 11024 on the Jade twice now, and I highly recommend this one if it is available. Great location, no noise. I think it's located under what's now the photo studio.

Personally, if the current price for the suite is $3750 I would try to negotiate them down a bit, especially if you will lose your UBP. Or at least try to negotiate and see if they'll let you keep the drinks package. Still, a total of $3500 for three people is a good value, in my opinion.

This is a great space for three people with the living area and second bathroom. The balcony is about the same size as what you'd get with the minisuite.

Hello, I just want to mention 1 thing to consider. If you are going with other people, they will not be eating breakfast or lunch with you if you go to Cagney's. This may or may not be an issue for you. Sometimes when we go with other people we just meet up for dinner and sometimes go to the beach with them. We don't feel the need to eat all of our meals together.

I have been in the 2 bedroom suite and it would be perfect for a couple and your mom. You have a nice living area and a great master bathroom in that room. You Mom's area will be almost be the same as an inside cabin with her own private bathroom. Do it if you can.

Good Luck

Rob