Photo Studio

Algebralovr

During our Dec 27, 2015 Silhouette Cruise, we traveled with our young adult children, age 20 and 21. They were in separate cabins.

I purchased the "Get The Picture" package online ahead of time, ordering all the digital photos, and once on board, decided to upgrade to include the prints as well.

While they sell the photos on a per-stateroom basis, they also state that photos of your children aged 21 and under who may be traveling in a separate stateroom are included.

We got home, opened the CD, and the photos of one of the rooms, the room my 20 year old and his fiance (age 18) sailed in, were not included.

I opened a ticket with them, and finally got a response. They state: The digital photo packages purchased onboard are offered on a stateroom basis only. The photos on your disc should only be photos that have you or anyone in your stateroom actually in the photo. Please see attached copy of the terms and conditions of sale.

The terms and conditions states, yet again, "photos of your children aged 21 and under who may be traveling in a separate stateroom are included."

They are supposed to purge the photos after 6 weeks, and we've now used up 1.5 of those weeks.

Has anyone had success getting the photos after the fact? The photos of my 21 year old and her fiance are on the CD, but not the 20 year old. We have the hard-copies, but I'd rather not have to scan them all in.

Wow, sorry that happened to you. I don't have experience with getting images after the fact, but you are correct that you should have been able to add the kids' staterooms to your unlimited package. We did this prospectively on board by speaking to the folks at the photo studio and also by checking the kiosk on a regular basis to make sure all of our pictures were in the kiosk linked to the proper Seapass and stateroom. (It got tricky because our Princess 1 and Princess 2 had a LOT of pictures taken without us and used their own Seapasses.)

Are there images you viewed on your account on the kiosk that are not on your disk?

Not the same issue as you, but we have had digital photographs sent to us post-cruise when there was some problem with the digital downloads. About 70% of the images where thumbnails only.

The photos came on a CD in the post [mail] from the ship itself. They explained that it would take some time because, obviously, the ship was at sea and in another part of the world [we are in the UK, the ship was in North America]

As for which photographs are included, we have always had all those of anyone we have ever had a picture taken with! This is how the facial recognition software/picture selection seems to work.

I know it is too late now but you should check both your prints and digital pics regularly on board. The software is not infallible and sometimes pictures are not printed for a number of reasons. Take any prints you find to the desk to be placed in your folder, use the kiosk or you rstateroom TV to order any missing prints [despite the on screen dialogue, you will not be charge separately for the extra prints] and tell the staff about any digital photos that are missing.

A little more information:

We did speak with the photo team about including all three rooms, since the young people were 21 and under. We received a few of the photos of the missing room, but not all.

We did check the kiosk regularly and the photos were there on the kiosk. It was only the disk they were missing from. We had photo team manually add a couple of photos to the system in the kiosk when we didn't see them and found the prints.

The strange thing here is that the photos were there when we looked via the kiosk throughout the week. We even noted that on a few my son's head had the top cut off. We have the hard copies, so we can scan them if we have to, but we were looking forward to having the digital originals.

It is almost like they removed the room manually when they went to burn the disk. The other part that is strange is that we have photos of my daughter and her SO, my daughter by herself, my daughter and my son, as well as the entire family from one of the sessions, but the photos of just my son and my son and his GF are missing. They were taken in the middle of the photos session after they photographer had scanned my card, so they should have been associated correctly. They were viewable from the Kiosk, but not on the disk when we arrived home.

That's really weird.

I agree. I really do not think that the Photo Shop people have the time to manually remove photographs from the CD.

I would suggest that it is more likely to be a problem with the photo downloads - perhaps similar to the one we had - and the OP should persist with the complaint but not stress that it is one stateroom missing. Just point out that photographs which were on their account are missing.

• 2 weeks later...

Algebralovr

We are scheduled to sail on Mar 6 for 14 day and plan to do the Photo Studio for our anniversary. I want to purchase the "all your photo package", Can you tell me with the $200 pre-cruise purchase package will all the photos including those taking in the Photo Studio be included?

Can you tell me with the $200 pre-cruise purchase package will all the photos including those taking in the Photo Studio be included?

My understanding is that the package specifically excludes Photo Studio sessions. This is what it says on the MyCruisePhotos website

Special events, such as weddings, Quinceneras, privately scheduled photography, or photos with more than 20 guests are not included.

The package will give you pictures taken by the cruise photographers around the ship--the boarding photos, the ones you pose for at each port of call, the pictures they get at the dinner table, and all the ones you pose for at the various stations they have set up around the ship every night. There are several backdrops and settings to choose from every single night. If you make a project of it, you can get literally hundreds of pictures taken and included in your package. You may as well do this as well as the sitting in the portrait studio--you'll get a nice variety of poses, settings, outfits, etc.

My daughter and her traveling companion had a blast doing this on two different cruises. They made friends with all the photographers and even had pictures taken with the photographers themselves. Some of our favorites are with the photo studio manager!

I thought I'd provide an update.

It took some back and forth, but we got our photos! They first sent me their terms and conditions, stating that photo packages were for one stateroom only, however the terms and conditions included the exception for 21 and under.

Once I provided proof of age for the individuals in the missing stateroom, they sent to the ship for the photos and provided them via a Dropbox link. We are thrilled to have all the photos! Plus, some of the photos provided had been poorly cropped, and the new ones we received were uncrowded so no tops of heads were cut off. :)

By the way, for anyone traveling across more than one stateroom, https://image.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/30600-families-traveling-together-in-multiple-staterooms provides the info you need.

If your family is older than 21, you pay full price for the first room, but once on board they will discount additional rooms by 50%. I know what we will be doing next time!