ATM Dunedin

cruisecle

If you are catching the shuttle into Dunedin from Port Chalmers (with drop-off at the Octagon), there are banks available within a few blocks as you head north on George Street. I am unsure if you need to pay for the shuttle with cash or whether you can purchase via your onboard account.

Note that George Street is also the main street in Port Chalmers!

Dunedin is the first port in New Zealand on our cruise. Are there bank ATMs in the port area?

I believe you are on the same cruise as we are. I usually have euros with me when I travel to Europe but this is an entire different part of the world with us needing both Australian cash and New Zealand money. Wonder what we do if we find that our ATM card doesn't work in these countries. Guess it only leaves the ship's exchange with higher rates. Be certain to notify your bank that you will be traveling to these ports.

I believe you are on the same cruise as we are. I usually have euros with me when I travel to Europe but this is an entire different part of the world with us needing both Australian cash and New Zealand money. Wonder what we do if we find that our ATM card doesn't work in these countries. Guess it only leaves the ship's exchange with higher rates. Be certain to notify your bank that you will be traveling to these ports.

I have never had issues with drawing cash at an international ATM with either of my Visa or MasterCard cobranded cards. I do however travel with a primary card and a backup for those just in case fears.

I believe you are on the same cruise as we are. Be certain to notify your bank that you will be traveling to these ports.

We are on the same cruise. For AUD$ there are several ATMs in the international terminal. For NZ$ I contacted our tour company in Dunedin (our first New Zealand port) and was told they could stop at a bank/ATM so we could get cash.

Already took care of notifying the banks.