Renewing your vows/Miracle

can_cruisers

Hi we will be celebrating our 25th Wedding anniversary next year, we are cruising on the Carnival Miracle, and stopping in 4 ports we would like to renew out wedding vows in one of the ports, Cayman, Belize, Cozumel or Costa Maya. We are looking for something simple. Does anyone have any suggestions you could pass along.

Thanks

Congrats on your upcoming 25 years Can_cruisers. My husband and I are renewing our vows on our 25th as well - we had batted around doing it on the Miracle or one of the ports, but our children started pouting. So we decided to renew our vows at home - where our 2 children could stand up for us. Then the next day, we leave for our cruise. :D

I don't know about you, but when we got married 25 years ago, we did it at the courthouse...never really had any type of ceremony, party or honeymoon...so my children (24 and 22) have been planning this for us for last year or so. I can't bear to dampen their spirits.

You'll have to write all about your vow renewals - I, for one, would LOVE to read all about how beautiful and wonderful it was.

Congrats again!

Deb

My DH and I are going on the Miracle in a few weeks (11/6) and are renewing our vows (it's our 9th anniversary). We are cruising with our DD(8) and DS(6) as well as my brothers and their wives.

I checked into vow renewals in the ports and contacted Carnival (they were not very responsive but I did get some info on the package mentioned above). We had decided we wanted a "barefoot in the sand" kind of "wedding", so the package from Carnival in the chapel while at sea wasn't going to work for us. The only port that I could find a simple vow renewal ceremony at a reasonable fee was in Grand Cayman, but we wanted to do an island tour and Stingray City, so that also wasn't going to work for us.

We ended up booking the vow renewal in FL for sunset the day before the cruise. We are scheduled at Fort DeSoto beach, near St. Petersburg. So, we'll head to FL on Friday 11/4, have our vow renewal on Sat at sunset, and then get on the Miracle on Sunday. This is what worked best for us. We get the beach ceremony (and sunset!) and we didn't have to decide which port we would have time for a ceremony and still see what we wanted to.

I may have some info still for some companies that arrange ceremonies in the ports, if you are interested let me know and I'll see what I can find.

Hi Stacie;

We have been emailing different places in the ports we will be stopping in while on the miracle, but most of the ceremonies are a little to elaborate for us, we are sailing with another couple and our 15 yr old daughter, we would like something simple on the beach. Much the same as what you mentioned. We are planning 4 days in on St. Petes beach before the curise and a week after the cruise. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some information on who you arranged your sunset ceremony with. That sounds perfect for us.

Judy

Hi Deb;

Im sure your ceremony will be just beautiful, and im sure your kids have every detail worked out. We had the big wedding 25 yrs ago, with the church, reception, and honeymoon, so this time we would like to do something different, barefoot in the sand sounds wonderful. Now we are thinking a sunset ceremony in Florida before we cruise. I will keep you posted, keep us posted on your upcoming special event too. When are you sailing, we are sailing April 23 on the Miracle.

Judy:

I've booked through a company called Whimsical Weddings by the Sea. We have booked the "sunset for two" package (and added an arch); they have been very responsive so far and their rates were pretty good (I just looked at the website, they've gone up a little). We are scheduled for 11/5 and will return from our cruise on 11/13, I can let you know then how things went. To see their website, its just the name and .com.

We are staying at St Pete Beach, she did recommend that we have the ceremony at Fort DeSoto Beach rather than a St. Pete beach location, so we're doing that.

Good luck.

I will keep you posted, keep us posted on your upcoming special event too. When are you sailing, we are sailing April 23 on the Miracle.

Good morning Judy...

We're sailing on Miracle on March 26th. It's amazing on how this stuff almost takes a life of it's own. We started out with just immediate family and close friends - then going out to dinner afterwards. My friends are jumping right in and helping with all the details.. It's really so awesome. Even my husband is getting excited about it all - he's decided he wants a party afterwards (and excuse to party)...and instead of people bringing gifts (I mean, what does a couple that's been married 25 years really need that they can't buy themselves or already has) we're asking them to bring a dish of food to share. A POT LUCK reception. LOL works for me. One of our clients owns this exquisite condo overlooking the speedway and has offered it to us for the evening. We're going to come up with some sort of theme - and just make it a real fun time.

I can't wait to hear what you come up with - maybe then that's something Mike and I can do for our 50th anniversary... :D

Have a terrific day!

Deb

Call 1(800) 933-4968 and they will fax the info below to you.

“Fun Ship” Weddings

Renewal of Marriage Vows

Standard Package - $385

Services offered include:

• Special ceremony location

• Ceremony performed by the Ship’s Captain

• Keepsake “Renewal of Marriage Vows” certificate

• Recorded ceremony music

• Photography Service

• One Long Stemmed Rose for the Bride and matching Rose Boutonniere for the Groom

• 2-Tier Wedding Cake

• Sparkling Wine and 2 Etched (“Romance”, “Honeymoon”, or “Anniversary”) Champagne flutes

• One 8x10 Wedding Photograph (Additional photos available at a reasonable price)

This package accommodates up to a maximum of 8 guests, including the bride and groom. Additional guests can be included at a rate of $12.00 per person.

Deluxe Package - $735

Services offered include:

• Special ceremony location

• Ceremony performed by the Ship’s Captain

• Keepsake “Renewal of Marriage Vows” certificate

• Recorded ceremony music

• Photography Service

• One Long Stemmed Rose for the Bride and matching Rose Boutonniere for the Groom

• 2-Tier Wedding Cake

• Sparkling Wine and 2 Etched (“Romance”, “Honeymoon”, or “Anniversary”) Champagne flutes

• One 8x10 Wedding Photograph (Additional photos available at a reasonable price)

• One Hour Open Bar with Hot/Cold Canapes

This package accommodates up to a maximum of 20 guests, including the bride and groom. Additional guests can be included at a rate of $22.00 per person.

Congrats on 25 years! We just renewed our vows last week onboard the Pride (10years).

We had the standard package as it was just my DH, DD(8) and DS(3). It was memorable but if you ask me, it was a lot of money for very little. The sunset ceremony on the beach sounded much much better.

The ceremony was done in the chapel on the ship, you don't pick the day or time, they tell you when the captain is available and that's how you pick. We didn't have anyone to take pics for us or video but a photographer was there...only to present us with beautifully taken pictures at a low package cost of $1000.00:eek: .

We were glad we did it, it was nice, but for almost $400 what you really get is a cake, champagne, two glasses, a photo holder, the captain, and a bill for $1000.00 for pictures. Go for the sunset!;)

Thank you Dory, that does seem like a lot of money for what you got. And to think you couldn't even pick your time or day, that is a bit of a downer, seems like they just fit you. We were planning on having the ship ceremony until Stacy informed me of what she had planned, so we followed her lead and have contacted the same company, i think we will be pleased with the sunset ceremony.

Judy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stacey, just wondering how your anniversary celebration went, and how well the cruise went for you guys. Would love to have an update and see any pics you might have to share. We are booked with Whimsical as well for April. Thanks for sharing your info.

Judy

Archived