8 days Eastern Caribbean on Conquest 3/5

BonPecheur

I will be on the same cruise. You should come to the roll call. We did this same cruise in April of last year. I will tell you if you like beaches this is a fantastic cruise as almost every port has some great beaches. If you like forts there is also multiple forts to be seen. There is also hiking through the rain forest at multiple ports. You can even go to a rum distillery if you would like.

We did our first ever private tour in St. Maarten last year on our honeymoon with Bernard's Tours. It was great! Scheduling with the website worked out well and can't beat free rum punch and beverages. (the rum punch was yummy and waaaay strong). On the plus side, it was like half the cost of a similar ship tour with no free drinks.

Our first anniversary cruise is March 13th on the Conquest. If it was going to St. Maarten, we would be doing this tour again.

Edited by SosaCruising

We did our first ever private tour in St. Maarten last year on our honeymoon with Bernard's Tours. It was great! Scheduling with the website worked out well and can't beat free rum punch and beverages. (the rum punch was yummy and waaaay strong). On the plus side, it was like half the cost of a similar ship tour with no free drinks.

Our first anniversary cruise is March 13th on the Conquest. If it was going to St. Maarten, we would be doing this tour again.

Thanks for the suggestion! I discovered Bernards for our honeymoon stop in St Maarten but was a little hesitant to actually consider them. Did you do a tour that included Maho beach? My fiance really wants to see the planes at Maho, but I'm worried that 45 minutes won't be enough to actually enjoy it?

Thanks for the suggestion! I discovered Bernards for our honeymoon stop in St Maarten but was a little hesitant to actually consider them. Did you do a tour that included Maho beach? My fiance really wants to see the planes at Maho, but I'm worried that 45 minutes won't be enough to actually enjoy it?

Oh yes! We some some planes very close up landing (and felt the exhaust across the beach too during takeoff). I seem to remember a plane schedule was posted next to the nearby bar outside. So you could start looking when a plane was supposed to land.

And I was a bit nervous trying a private tour instead of a ship tour. But I figured, heck, it was our honeymoon and why not? Plus, they had lots of positive reviews. We were very happy with our experience with the "Mailman" (driver's nickname).

1651487866_HappyCouple.jpg.55249739bdaaa2cf890a7073b25b8fc7.jpg

1759746821_BigLizards.jpg.9013893850585daf2f19fda4072ae563.jpg

1043913461_BeachAirport.jpg.0c24304e742ab9e1bdb5975da9bf1e29.jpg

273790213_RumPunch.jpg.148a63fe99f914f0981c07be0e1a87ef.jpg

Oh yes! We some some planes very close up landing (and felt the exhaust across the beach too during takeoff). I seem to remember a plane schedule was posted next to the nearby bar outside. So you could start looking when a plane was supposed to land.

Awesome, thank you so much for your insights and the pictures! Do you think that there is any flexibility in the amount of time? such as extending it to 55 minutes or an hour instead of 45?

Awesome, thank you so much for your insights and the pictures! Do you think that there is any flexibility in the amount of time? such as extending it to 55 minutes or an hour instead of 45?

I don't think so. He stayed on schedule pretty much since we didn't want to be late getting back or miss having time for all the stops (we went all over it seemed). Maybe we got lucky, but we saw plenty of planes. It was near the end of the tour, so we were pretty tired anyways after drinking all day and it was really really hot out (and we're from Florida). So we were ready to go.

Talking about St. Maarten, I am now super jealous of you :)

I don't think so. He stayed on schedule pretty much since we didn't want to be late getting back or miss having time for all the stops (we went all over it seemed). Maybe we got lucky, but we saw plenty of planes. It was near the end of the tour, so we were pretty tired anyways after drinking all day and it was really really hot out (and we're from Florida). So we were ready to go.

Talking about St. Maarten, I am now super jealous of you :)

Alright, well I appreciate the feedback! Hah, I'm super jealous that you've already been, I still need to wait a year and 10 months! =[