Flight from JFK at 6pm , cruise docks at 700am

MoyCoy

What could one do in between.

Breakaway docks early morning in Oct 9th and our flight leaves at 600pm from JFK. The ship does have a sight seeing excursion ,BUT it drops you off at JFK at 1230pm. What are some alternatives for a self tour with 2 large rolling luggage? How long should it take to get to JFK form the Port of Manhattan anyway?

Thanks

Edited by MoyCoy

From the port to JFK takes 45-60 minutes, depending on traffic and your method of travel.

What I'd suggest is that you store your luggage for the day at Schwartz Travel near Penn Station and explore the city on your own. (The most obvious thing to do would be the WTC memorial and museum, but you could easily pick something else like the Natural History museum.) Then come back to Schwartz around 2:30pm, pick up your luggage, and either take a cab to the airport or just walk a few blocks over to Penn for the E train (or LIRR) to Jamaica, connecting to the AirTrain to JFK.

Edited by MarlboroBell

Oct. 9th is a Sunday so your LIRR fare is only $4.25 plus the $5 ($6 if you need a metrocard) for AirTrain.

IMHO LIRR is a faster less stressful trip and not that big a difference in fare. LIRR at Jamaica Station will have elevators/escalators Penn Station depends on the track you are leaving from.

Just throwing that out there but agree with above.

You both are awesome. Thank You!

Breakaway if charging 100pp for a 3 our NY tour and airport drop off. Sounds like a self tour would be cheaper. Mu Foodie Husband would probably prefer to go to Flushing china town for lunch. Is it possible to do that on the way to the airport ?

Edited by MoyCoy

Can't answer the Flushing China Town question; my first blush is no, but someone from the area may well say sure.

One other option for you is to check (Google is your friend) for day rooms. Since it's a weekend, kind of shoulder season, you might be able to get a room for the day at a decent hotel and have a place to unwind if you need it. Otherwise, Schwartz works very well.

Can't answer the Flushing China Town question; my first blush is no, but someone from the area may well say sure.

One other option for you is to check (Google is your friend) for day rooms. Since it's a weekend, kind of shoulder season, you might be able to get a room for the day at a decent hotel and have a place to unwind if you need it. Otherwise, Schwartz works very well.

Ahhh . Day room- Great idea

Mu Foodie Husband would probably prefer to go to Flushing china town for lunch. Is it possible to do that on the way to the airport ?

Going on the assumption you will check luggage at Schwartz or a day room it is simple to get to Flushing. Now I can get you to Main Street Flushing but that's all I can do, I don't go there for Chinese food, I go closer to home Ave U in Brooklyn which have a few "authentic" places.

Using the subway it's easy the #7 train to the last stop in Queens. Or being a Sunday and you can splurge the extra $1.50 each way you can take LIRR on the Port Washington line (1/2 hour service) to Flushing Stop. Service is 1/2 hourly at 18 and 48 after the hour and reverse is :05 and :35.

Port Washington branch is the only branch without connection to JFK Airtrain as the line does not run thru LIRR Jamaica station, if you have your luggage you would have to backtrack.

The subway 7 line does transfer to the E at Jackson Hts/Roosevelt Ave (one the E) and 74 St Broadway on the 7. E train to Sutphin Boulevard/Archer Avenue/JFK Airport stop.

FWIW