young adults

disneyfans4

My husband and i are booked to go on the getaway june 26th for my 60th birthday. When we booked we got the ultimate drinks package included.

Now my daughter who is 21 and her partner who will still be 20 when we go on the cruise are looking at coming with us. As the drinks package is still available i am wondering if i will be able to sign the young adults form for him thus making it a good option or whether they would just be better taking the on board credit if he is unable to drink alcohol while on board.

hope somebody has had this situation before and can help

sue

According to the Terms/Conditions you have to be 21 in order to get the UBP. Here is the alcohol age policy from the Frequently Asked Questions section:

What is the minimum age for purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages?

Passengers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcohol. With the exception of Alaska and Hawaii itineraries, Norwegian permits young adults to purchase and personally consume wine and beer only while onboard and with the consent of an accompanying parent. Authorization will be given only when the accompanying parent completes the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form. This form can be obtained and completed at the Guest Services Desk upon embarkation of the vessel. However, passengers 18 years of age or older are permitted to consume beer and wine when sailing on round-trip European voyages without having to complete the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form.

Edited by ColinIllinois

Correct. Guests 18-20 can only drink beer and wine with the signed consent form. He would not be able to drink cocktails or other drinks containing liquor.

The underage kid cannot get a young adult waiver because it is not his parent he is going with.

My son was a couple of months shy of 21, I signed the waiver for beer and wine. He was not allowed to have the UBP like his older brother who was getting the UBP as a perk. He got the soda package as a perk. He was not allowed to purchase beer buckets either. I am not sure if you can download the waiver and have his parents sign and have it notarized if that will work.

We're in the opposite situation which I guess is better - our DS is also 20 but we can sign for him and his GF who is 21 will be able to drink. We were told adamantly though that there was no way for him to get the UBP even just for wine/beer so just plan to pay corkage fees and bring wines for them for dinner and buy anything else they need separately.

My son was a couple of months shy of 21, I signed the waiver for beer and wine. He was not allowed to have the UBP like his older brother who was getting the UBP as a perk. He got the soda package as a perk. He was not allowed to purchase beer buckets either. I am not sure if you can download the waiver and have his parents sign and have it notarized if that will work.

We tried this with my daughters best friend that came cruising with us. We were not able to sign for her. My daughter has a different last name, along with her passport, I brought her birth certificate and my marriage cert with my current last name and I was able to sign for her.