Large Interior/Virtual Balcony

cot427

Does anyone have a picture or video of the large interior/virtual balcony staterooms on the Quantum or Anthem? I think Royal's picture on the website is misleading, unless they've updated it; I haven't checked for a few months.

I've done a few searches and didn't see anything quickly, so I figured I'd ask. Thanks!

I've booked one of these on the Anthem for July 23rd out of Bayonne.

My wife and I will be on the 13th deck and we're going because our daughter was invited on a sweet 16 cruise and we didn't want her going without us.

The large interior seemed perfect for us for the short 5 day cruise as we didn't want to spend too much with a sweet 16 party for our daughter coming up in April.

I am intrigued with the virtual balcony. Watched a youtube video of it and it's pretty cool looking. Another gimmick but fun nonetheless.

I've booked one of these on the Anthem for July 23rd out of Bayonne.

My wife and I will be on the 13th deck and we're going because our daughter was invited on a sweet 16 cruise and we didn't want her going without us.

The large interior seemed perfect for us for the short 5 day cruise as we didn't want to spend too much with a sweet 16 party for our daughter coming up in April.

I am intrigued with the virtual balcony. Watched a youtube video of it and it's pretty cool looking. Another gimmick but fun nonetheless.

I think I remember seeing a video of a large virtual balcony - I wasn't sure though. It does have a love seat in the corner, correct?

I think I remember seeing a video of a large virtual balcony - I wasn't sure though. It does have a love seat in the corner, correct?

I was in two virtual balcony cabins about a year ago on Quantum (total of 27 days)... it's NOT just a gimmick, they are wonderful and we made it a point to get a virtual balcony cabin on Harmony's transatlantic next Oct 23rd too (on Harmony, bizarrely, the 'virtual balcony' is NOT in every inside... that seems really stupid on RCL's part).

I didn't have a "loveseat" (i.e. space for two?) in either of those on Quantum. Did have a nice comfy seat though, besides the desk chair.

I took thousands of pictures during those 27 Quantum days, and have them (in full high-res!) on Snapfish. E-mail me... gep2 at terabites dot com ... and I'll be glad to share those albums with you (can include my Oasis pre-maiden and maiden albums, and Carnival Destiny final voyage too...!) These albums include pictures of the "Cabin Crawls" too, so you'll see a lot more than just my cabins. ;-)

Very helpful link! It's crazy how many different shapes of inside rooms there are! And unfortunately now I'm quite disappointed with the one I have (cat M) on my upcoming cruise. :(

Does anyone know if the TVs swivel out so you can see them from bed? It looks like a pretty horrible configuration with the TV on the side wall facing the chair and the virtual balcony, rather than on an angle facing the bed and chair.

Very helpful link! It's crazy how many different shapes of inside rooms there are! And unfortunately now I'm quite disappointed with the one I have (cat M) on my upcoming cruise. :(

Does anyone know if the TVs swivel out so you can see them from bed? It looks like a pretty horrible configuration with the TV on the side wall facing the chair and the virtual balcony, rather than on an angle facing the bed and chair.

TV's do swivel out so you can see them from the bed. Just pull on the edge.

TV's do swivel out so you can see them from the bed. Just pull on the edge.

Thank you SO much for your response, and for the good news!!! :) Very relieved to hear! I don't hang out in my cabin watching TV on vacation, but I do like to watch from bed at night while reading the cruise compass, and watching the cruise director's show in the morning while "waking up".