Labadee Cabana confusion

lbendick

So the cabana prices have DOUBLED since last May?????? We have always rented a cabana at Barefoot Beach for $250 ish, there are only 3 of us, my husband, myself and my 6 year old. At $250 it was stretch but worth it but $495???? I think Royal has officially begun to lose their dang minds. Very disappointing.

So the cabana prices have DOUBLED since last May?????? We have always rented a cabana at Barefoot Beach for $250 ish, there are only 3 of us, my husband, myself and my 6 year old. At $250 it was stretch but worth it but $495???? I think Royal has officially begun to lose their dang minds. Very disappointing.
RCL is in business to make money, and they will charge as much as the market will bear. RCL has NOT begun to lose their dang minds, but I can not say the same about customers (apparently not you or I) who pay these prices:rolleyes:

We were on FOS January 3rd. We were in a GS. My wife made the mistake of booking a cabana online, which is for Nellie's Beach, not Barefoot. Since she used a credit card to book this, when I emailed the Concierge, Rahul, he said he would take care of that for us. Indeed he did! He credited the $495 to our account and we booked Over the water Cabana #1 for $449.

We had a party of 6, and it was worth every penny. The upgraded buffet is very nice with steaks and shrimp skewers, and the cabana attendant carried our drinks to us as needed.

Some may say the new prices are too high, but if you have several people sharing, it's really no more than a good excursion.

I can tell you OWC 3&4 went unoccupied the day we were there, and #2 wasn't occupied until we had been there a couple of hours, so they are not selling out every time. :D:D

6) If all the *Suite* cabanas do not sell are they then open to the general public & what is the difference?

No, they are not. Cabana for non suite guest are in a separate area.

Actually, I was there the week of Thanksgiving. I was in a junior suite. I went to the excursion desk Sunday and asked to be put on the waiting list for a cabana. Went back Monday to check on the status and was told that it was done. Went back to my room and there was a message on my voicemail that I'd gotten a hilltop cabana on Barefoot Beach. I don't think junior suites are considered "suites" for this perk.

You must be in a suite not junior suite to pre-order a cabana in bear foot beach. Once docked if you are diamond plus or higher you can go a see if any hasn't been sold and purchase one there and get in if all sold your out of luck.