Divina vs. NCL with kids (5 yrs old)

YellowDog

Ok, I am looking at cruises for later in the year. Last year my family with the kids then 3.5 loved the NCL Getaway. Well, one of my options is the NCL Epic. On the cruise we are looking at there is no kids sail free :(. So that same week I can go on the Divina in the same stateroom and what I think is a slightly better itinerary and one day longer for $1000 less! BUT, the Divina makes me nervous. Every ship as some lousy reviews and the Divina has been here a while now...so here is the big questions: Is NCL $1000 better? Has anyone been on Divina recently with younger kids? What was your experience? I posted this on the family and NCL boards as well

I am actually booked in the escape this September but did sail the divina a year and a half ago. We loved the divina and my kids had a great time. It really depends on what your little ones are into. Mine made friends and hung out. What did disappoint my little ones was the fact that the slide had a nine year old age requirement and not a height requirement. They were bummed that they couldn't ride. If your kid is into water slides and such they might be disappointed on the divina. If other types of activities will still keep your little one occupied than try the divina.