Cuban Fusion currency

HB66

What currency is accepted on the ship please? Travel agent advised US dollars but I have also read Mexican dollars. I understand currency has to be exchanged in Cuba but what will give the best rate of exchange?

Dear HB66

We were on the Cuban Fusion last January and are returning on the 26th of January.

Currency on board is cashless and all on your card, I think you can lodge money as an alternative.

When you get to Cuba, you can exchange money just after you get off the ship in the terminal, the best exchange rate last year was in English Stirling, the USD attracts another 10 percent charge.

Enjoy your trip.

Mike and Janice

We are doing a cruise & stay so travel agent advice was for Mo Bay also. We will be using Caxton FX pre pay card so I wanted to know which was best currency to top up with.

We are doing a cruise & stay so travel agent advice was for Mo Bay also. We will be using Caxton FX pre pay card so I wanted to know which was best currency to top up with.

You might want to investigate a Revolut card.

https://revolut.com/

You can convert your funds in credit between Sterling/US Dollars/Euros to suit - controlled from smartphone.

I have one and used it in November with no issues.

Links to your bank current account for loading - and transfer back.

Better exchange rate than other similar cards - and, for the record, I do not work for them !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan

I was also able to secure the new Travelex Supercard before they had to close the initial wave of applications and it went into a trial phase, which I believe is still ongoing.

It worked fine for me, however I believe it has had a few teething problems.

The best deal of all for foreign currency is the debit card on a Norwich & Peterborough Gold Classic current account - no fees of any kind at overseas ATMs etc. and the best FX rate going.

We've had one for a few years now and have no hesitation in recommending.

Edited by WeeCountyMan