Pigeon Point -Tobago

Hi Guys we are joining the Celebration on Feb 28th. Our first port of call is Tobago and we fancy visiting Pigeon Point Beach. There are 3 of us, Is it better to do the Thomson trip at £27 each which only includes transport and the entrance fee or is it cheaper to get a taxi at the port. If so how much is the taxi return and are they reliable to pick you up for the return journey?

We haven't been to Pigeon Point since January 2013, but we went by taxi for $20 and he came back for us as arranged at 2pm and it was $20 back to the port. We paid $3 each admission, and $3 each for beds. It was a lovely beach and I enjoyed my swimming there. One bar was charging from $8 for ordinary lollies to $25 for better ice creams, $20 for a burger and $15 for Carib beer so I decided to manage on my bottled water, but found another bar selling cans of Stag 5.5% beer for $3 which was fine. Enjoy yourselves, we will from Sunday.

It was 2012 when we went but that was on an organised Thomson tour and well worth it although as Gill says it was expensive to buy things but we did have the entrance fee included. We have been too Scarborough a few times since and one of our favourite places is the Botanical gardens, if you like taking photos you get some good shots of very strange looking trees:rolleyes:, think we will be doing this when we are next on board when our second week will be your first;) so whilst you are busy doing your drill:eek: we will be in one of the speciality restaurants.

Gillhalfpint we wish you both an uneventful and pleasant flight, (have you seen the hurricane in the Atlantic should be gone by Sunday) and that you manage to visit all the beaches we have both been looking at with the help of Geo, get Ray to take notes of the best bars.

Have a fantastic time Roger & Maureen:)

http://stormcarib.com/

I found that storm on here, and am keeping fingers crossed it will be gone for our arrival. We will have a great time whatever we end up doing, we always do. Will be mainly beaches with bars and gardens this time around, but we will keep notes as usual, and photos will go on FB as and when free wifi around.

Gill

What do I look up on FB to follow your post:confused:

They will go on Thomson Cruises and/or Thomson Celebration during the cruise when I am ashore with free wifi as I can load them straight up from the phone. Usually get an outside seat somewhere with a bar and do a bit of people watching and catching up on FB while enjoying a local beer or two once I have finished swimming.

Nearly Sunday.....xx