Port canaveral rental car pre and post cruise

lynnquenby

Hi all......After some advice!!

We are 4 adults and we will be renting a car to get us from Orlando to port canaveral and then the same again at the end of the cruise but from port back to Orlando airport.

What I'm trying to work out is pre cruise do we

A) drop bags at port then go return car and shuttle back (probably 2 of us to return car)

B) drop car first and all of us take shuttle to port (I'm assuming that they will be happy to.do this?!)

Post cruise is the same dilemma but about collecting!!

Can anyone who has done this share their experiences of which rhey think is the best way!!

Thanks in advance!!

With 4 people and bags, I'd probably opt to drop bags and people first, and then drop the rental car. There may be limited space on the rental car shuttle. Opposite on return, in fact, I might opt for taking a taxi to the rental car place to get a jump on the line.

With 4 people and bags, I'd probably opt to drop bags and people first, and then drop the rental car. There may be limited space on the rental car shuttle. Opposite on return, in fact, I might opt for taking a taxi to the rental car place to get a jump on the line.

Thanks clarea. ........

Anyone else?

Thanks clarea. ........

Anyone else?

If there are 2 or more ships in port on your return day things will be hectic getting to rental cars and back. Have you checked the schedules for that day at the Port?

Assuming you want to get to the airport as fast as possible:

Unless the rental car rate is one heck of a deal, I prefer booking a private shuttle for the return to Orlando Airport. Should cost around $120 plus 20% tip - zero hassles = priceless!

But, with rental rates for larger cars under $60 on many dates, I would probably load everyone & bags into the rental car shuttle, get the car and drive to Orlando. Unless someone in your party needs assistance moving about, things will not happen faster if only one person go back and forth.

Edited by SteerageJoe

If there are 2 or more ships in port on your return day things will be hectic getting to rental cars and back. Have you checked the schedules for that day at the Port?

Unless the rental car rate is one heck of a deal, I prefer booking a private shuttle for the return to Orlando Airport. Should cost around $120 plus 20% tip - zero hassles = priceless!

But, with rental rates for larger cars under $60 on many dates, I would probably load everyone & bags into the rental car shuttle, get the car and drive to Orlando. Unless someone in your party needs assistance moving about, things will not happen faster if only one person go back and forth.

Think there are 3 in.... (but will double check!)

I thinkwepaid c $50 for car and its cheapest way for all 4 of us. We do have all day as flight home not until 7pm so whilst in no rush don't want to be spending hours at cruise terminal trying to get out!!

Thanks For advice....

Edited by lynnquenby

Think there are 3 in.... (but will double check!)

I thinkwepaid c $50 for car and its cheapest way for all 4 of us. We do have all day as flight home not until 7pm so whilst in no rush don't want to be spending hours at cruise terminal trying to get out!!

Thanks For advice....

If you are using Enterprise-National-Alamo and your ship is at terminal B1 you can easily walk to drop/pick your vehicle (while the others mind the luggage at the terminal). It is only a 0.5 mile stroll passing by the Cove restaurants!

See a map here - look for the building just west of the Exploration Tower near terminal 1.

Otherwise, I would avoid the early rush and enjoy a nice breakfast. Then load everyone on the rental car shuttle - time it from the cruise ship to arrive via shuttle at the rental car building between 9am and 9:30am - between the morning pickup rush and early drop-offs! By 10:30am they get busy again.

Hopefully you can stay on the ship until close to 9am?

If you go alone to the rental car building you give 3 strangers a chance to jump in front of you at the rental car counter! So take your friends and one of you (a lady perhaps?) should be able to get off the shuttle first to arrive in front of the line at the counter before the rest of the shuttle passengers!

Edited by SteerageJoe

If you are using Enterprise-National-Alamo and your ship is at terminal B1 you can easily walk to drop/pick your vehicle (while the others mind the luggage at the terminal). It is only a 0.5 mile stroll passing by the Cove restaurants!

See a map here - look for the building just west of the Exploration Tower near terminal 1.

Otherwise, I would avoid the early rush and enjoy a nice breakfast. Then load everyone on the rental car shuttle - time it from the cruise ship to arrive via shuttle at the rental car building between 9am and 9:30am - between the morning pickup rush and early drop-offs! By 10:30am they get busy again.

Hopefully you can stay on the ship until close to 9am?

If you go alone to the rental car building you give 3 strangers a chance to jump in front of you at the rental car counter! So take your friends and one of you (a lady perhaps?) should be able to get off the shuttle first to arrive in front of the line at the counter before the rest of the shuttle passengers!

Thanks again - very helpful!

We are using alamo but can't work out which terminal as docs just say 'Terminal 1' so probably won't set of walking........just in case it's further than we thought!

Thanks again - very helpful!

We are using alamo but can't work out which terminal as docs just say 'Terminal 1' so probably won't set of walking........just in case it's further than we thought!

Norwegian Spirit docks at CT1. You will see the Alamo building from the ship - under 4 minutes away by shuttle.

It should all be stress-free! Have a nice breakfast then shuttle over to the building around 9am to get the car and off you go!

SteerageJoe what is the shuttle service you use?

SteerageJoe what is the shuttle service you use?

We winter in Cape Canaveral so no transport needed while here!

Later this year we have a Carnival cruise lined up and will rent a car one-way. $60 or less cannot be ignored!

Our flight home leaves early so I may book Uber (I am a fan of the service) or a private shuttle from the Port back to Orlando just to be safe. However, the new Enterprise-National-Alamo location looks fast and efficient so I may change my mind and rent a car again.

These shuttles we see a lot around the Port. Anyone will do depending on your budget.

Cocoa Beach Shuttle

Cortrans

Mears

AA Access Transport

Travelynx Stylus

Norwegian Spirit docks at CT1. You will see the Alamo building from the ship - under 4 minutes away by shuttle.

It should all be stress-free! Have a nice breakfast then shuttle over to the building around 9am to get the car and off you go!

Fab news SteerageJoe! ! Thanks so much for all of your helpful information !!

Lynn