Just off the Imagination....

Life Jacket Guy

My review of the Imagination 1/10/16 -1/14/16

First off I have only been on 4 cruises and did manage to hit gold in those 4 and I cruise with an open mind and no expectations of anything and it was a good thing I did and here is why Carnival failed my booze cruise...

Embarkation was a joke not one person knew what the hell was going on and I mean not a person.... They split out group of 4 up sent my wife and daughter to a different location even though we were all sup post to be on the same SS account. Ok fine no biggie will double check with GS desk once on board to make sure the accounts are all linked to my CC. To avoid the long line at GS desk went to use the kiosk.. Fail was not working for anyone ok no biggie go to the other one that I knew of same thing not working at all, so I stood in line at the GS desk for 30 or so minutes got it fixed. Headed to the rooms first we went to our daughters room, it was clean but the upper pullman was not down, again no biggie find the steward to unlock and make the bed.. no luck there he must be running luggage or something... Left a note on the door and in the cabin to fix it. Well at 830 or so my daughter informs me the steward was in fact in the room but did not fix the bed for her to sleep in. So I went down to get this fixed and apparently he did not under stand what the note meant.( I call BS on this).... Now to my room It was clean. We had in our reservation for a king bed it was set up as 2 twins again no biggie find our steward and have it fixed... lucky us she was in the next room over and when I asked her to change it she became defensive and irate that I even asked this of her and she proceeded to tell me that is not how it stated in her info... So by now im getting a bit angered and pull out my info and show her. I was told I will fix it as soon as she can.. Again no biggie but when I get back around 930 pm they were just pushed together not even made as a single bed... Back to guest services again... I had raise my voice to get my point across and said I would be exercising my vacation guarantee if it was not fixed right now... and walked back to my room to find another steward re making the bed the way it was sup post to be.... That is when we realized there was no topper and my wife fell through the center of the beds at this point my anger level was at a point It had not been in years.... We just remade the beds back to the twins for the night.... BTW the beds are not mattresses they are box springs and hard as the floor.... The next day they finally got the rooms all fixed and everything was fine until dinner, I had forgot that the lobster was no longer on the menu on 4 day cruises no biggie I will order the steak house selection of surf and turf Dining 101 right? Wrong FAIL AGAIN my tail was 2 bites large and my prime was like leather and maybe 3 bites large for $20 extra dollars I felt ripped off and left the dining room and went to just get drunk.... The bartender was awesome and had no problem helping with that the rest of the cruise!!! I did talk with some other folks that were mad that their extension cord was taken from them and they say it was new and still in the original wrapper and was removed. That is when my wife said the plug had been changed on the in room blow drier... Hmmm that's a first for us.... Sure enough it was (see pic below). At this point I have lost all hope for this cruise and went into full blown drinking mode as to numb my brain from anything else on this trip... On the bright side I did meet 2 fellas from engineering dept and had a blast they were awesome and were fun to party with!! I wont even go into debarkation it was a total unorganized mess... The ship really needs a dry dock bad it is really rusted out and not taken care of other than the brass being polished and the floors clean.... I did how ever get a bottle of champagne and some strawberries delivered to my room on night 2 Thank you John Heald!! I was also told the ship is going to dry dock later this year to be upgraded and have the rust issues fixed and it needs it...

Any way I have said enough about this cruise and will be looking at other lines for our next one..

IMG_20160114_065643_zpsy3sgzdxs.jpg

IMG_20160110_233655_zpsor5sr3hs.jpg

IMG_20160114_070450_zpsxgbs9xy9.jpg

IMG_20160114_073517_zpsxinqz1hb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I agree with needing to break up that long rant.

I was on Imagination a cpl weeks ago and had a great time. Yes, not everything went perfect, but it wasn't anything that was too bad.

Why would the beds be down when you first go there? They would bring them down at night and leave them down.

• 1 month later...