Carnival reception - enough food?

We're looking into having our wedding with carnival. All of our guests live in state but most will not be sailing with us and will end up driving a few hours back home after the reception.

We plan to have a maximum of about 25 people including ourselves. I'm wondering if the hors d'oeuvres served will be enough to make sure no one goes hungry or if we should add the pasta station. Any suggestions?

I just asked our wedding coordinator about the pasta station as well (figured that on embarkation day people would be pretty hungry by the time our reception rolls around!). I was told that the hors d'oeuvres are served buffet-style, and replenished as needed throughout the reception - so if guests really go wild over one particular item, it gets restocked. Since hearing that, we won't be doing the pasta station for our reception (we'll have about 35 people).

I'm doing my wedding on the Carnival Freedom this coming April. I was also told the hors d'oeuvres are replenished so that the guests will have plenty to eat.

I've been on the boards for a while now and a lot of the brides said it seemed that there was a lot of food left at the end of the reception. So it seems like they stay on top of it. :)

Hopefully that helps! The other option (we considered this as we have many non-sailing guests as well) is to pay for your guests to be able to go up on the lido deck and partake in the lunch buffet before the ceremony starts. Chances are they will have about 2 or so hours on board before the ceremony actually starts.

Other brides have stated that their guests were able to eat at the buffet without paying, and some stated their guests just had to put their visitor badge in their pocket to eat there. I personally do not need any bad karma on my wedding so I'm not taking the chance... but just so your ;)

There is TONS of food. We had 100 guests at our wedding and when I walked in saw the set-up I was floored - it was so beautiful and so full looking! Our ice sculpture was in the center of the table and was surrounded by all of our cold displays (2 of them - 1 on each side of the ice sculpture). Then on either side of the cold items 2 set-ups of our hot choices were there. They were constantly filling things up and it was all fresh and wonderful. Make sure you eat!