Houston Help Please

blubonnet

In one of my crazy moments I decided that taking a family cruise from a port we'd never sailed out of would be a good idea.

Now I'm begging the good people of CruiseCritic for help!

There are 11 of us, ranging in age from 78 to 4 sailing out of the Port of Houston in March. We normally sail from Galveston but wanted to check Princess out before she leaves.

Do you lovely people have any idea if I can get close to the terminal to drop off some of our senior cruisers? Are the lines long? Is the parking at the port the best option? Where did you stay the day before? Everything looks very industrial.

Thank you for your time and responses. I'll repay you with a photo review (snarky commentary at no additional costs.:D)

In one of my crazy moments I decided that taking a family cruise from a port we'd never sailed out of would be a good idea.

Now I'm begging the good people of CruiseCritic for help!

There are 11 of us, ranging in age from 78 to 4 sailing out of the Port of Houston in March. We normally sail from Galveston but wanted to check Princess out before she leaves.

Do you lovely people have any idea if I can get close to the terminal to drop off some of our senior cruisers? Are the lines long? Is the parking at the port the best option? Where did you stay the day before? Everything looks very industrial.

Thank you for your time and responses. I'll repay you with a photo review (snarky commentary at no additional costs.:D)

I can't help with hotel info, but you can drop seniors and luggage off basically at the front door, then pull around and park. Very easy. Port parking is only option.

ETA: It's your only option at the port, not including hotel shuttles, etc.

Edited by hawk1972

You can reserve a parking spot online before you go. I would recommend it.

Drive into the port, drop off luggage and excess passengers, loop back, show them your receipt, and park. It's very easy - I will miss it! It is a very short walk from most of the parking lot, and I did see a shuttle bus wandering around.

When you come back, have a porter help with your luggage, clear customs, and there's a waiting area at the end of the entrance where everybody can wait with the luggage while the driver retrieves the car. Our porter stayed with my wife and helped load the luggage for us. Tip well!

It is an industrial area. We stayed at the Hilton next to NASA (which has a restaurant and breakfast) and it was twenty minutes or so from the port. There are other hotels at equivalent distances from the port, so just look what's around the hotel for when you get in.

Edited by xriva

After this weekend, I will have a comment for you. We will be stay Sat. night at Springhill Suites at Seabrook & it supposedly has a shuttle to port & also offers on-site parking if you choose to leave your car there. We will be flying to Houston but I will keep my eyes & ears alert PLUS there is a woman on our roll call that is staying there Sat. night & stayed there in October & I think is parking her car there. You might check out this hotel.

I understand there is also a Best Western that is closest hotel to port with parking & shuttle service....

Taking my family of 18 on cruise in May out of Port Canaveral & also have never sailed from there!!!! So I feel your concerns!!!

You can reserve a parking spot online before you go. I would recommend it.

Drive into the port, drop off luggage and excess passengers, loop back, show them your receipt, and park. It's very easy - I will miss it! It is a very short walk from most of the parking lot, and I did see a shuttle bus wandering around.

When you come back, have a porter help with your luggage, clear customs, and there's a waiting area at the end of the entrance where everybody can wait with the luggage while the driver retrieves the car. Our porter stayed with my wife and helped load the luggage for us. Tip well!

It is an industrial area. We stayed at the Hilton next to NASA (which has a restaurant and breakfast) and it was twenty minutes or so from the port. There are other hotels at equivalent distances from the port, so just look what's around the hotel for when you get in.

Hello, we are staying at that same hotel, 4 adults with a large suitcase each plus 2 small carry on suitcases, we are cruising from Bayport 6 March and have no car, what do you recommend for transfer

Hello, we are staying at that same hotel, 4 adults with a large suitcase each plus 2 small carry on suitcases, we are cruising from Bayport 6 March and have no car, what do you recommend for transfer

I don't think the hotel has a shuttle - we picked it because I got the room with points and it was close to family we were visiting, but we had our car - so, I think you would need a taxi or Uber.

I think Best Western in Seabrooke is the only hotel with free shuttle to port.

We stayed there last April and will be staying again this next April.

They have a parking lot for cars but I think the space might be limited.

We flew into HOU, and took a taxi (about $45+tip).