Room E42 on the Inspiration

Ship2Shore41

• 4 months later...

You will likely hear some of the music during the show, the bass definitely. Also the same if they are rehearsing during the day. The best suggestion is to go to the show or the comedy club ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

If we are late risers, will noise be a problem? I'm not sure what else they use that space for during the daytime. For example, I don't know how early they start rehearsals. Late riser on a cruise may be that we try to sleep in until 10:30 or 11:00 a.m. We just booked E35.

While booking, we had asked the Carnival rep about what was above us, but we also asked another question right after/before that which she answered, and I forgot to follow up about this.

Thanks!

Lots of programming in the show lounge starting around 10am. No idea when the crew does rehearsing. Every night will be a show.

Might want to look for the FunTimes for the Inspiration or Imagination, either the 3 or 4 day to get an idea. The sea days are exactly the same for these cruises.

Edited by SadieN

It appears that your cabin is also adjoining with cabin E38. From my experience, I'd wager that you'll hear more noise from the cabin next door, through that uninsulated door, than you will from the theater. ;)

"SKY"

It appears that your cabin is also adjoining with cabin E38. From my experience, I'd wager that you'll hear more noise from the cabin next door, through that uninsulated door, than you will from the theater. ;)

"SKY"

This is exactly right. We heard more noise from the next door cabin during the morning than we did from the bar area. At night, it was loud at times but nothing that a noise machine, ear plugs, a day of drinking or sleeping aids couldn't fix:)

Oh, how weird. The Carnival rep suggested that room saying that it didn't have adjoining room. Our room is E35. I'll go look on the deck plan again. Thanks, everyone. Noise from "next door" is always a problem for me in hotels :(

• 2 months later...

Just in case anyone is doing a search in the future about rooms... In my E35 experience, the only time I had "challenges" with noise other than guests shouting, congregating, crying, running/stomping, etc. outside/near my door, is when we took naps during non-regular sleeping hours - we were all quite tired on this cruise! Because the atrium is on the same floor, and one musician was louder than the other, we heard the music. However, in reality, we slept through most of that.

I didn't hear anything from above, although occasionally I would hear thumping sounds which I attribute to ship operation noises.