Which package is best under the current promotion?

flgirl1087

Hi all,

Looking at NCL Pearl through Alaska in May. Which choice is the best out of the 4? We are thinking beverages, speciality dining, or shore excursion credit. Which one is the best value? We do drink wine, beer, and mixed drinks however maybe would have 4-5/day/person on sea days and 2-3/day/per person on port days.

Does the speciality dining credit have any restrictions? I saw for a 7 day cruise it's 4 credits per person but wasn't sure if that meant we could go to a speciality dining restaurant 4 different occasions to any of them?

Thanks in advance!

Amanda

I think the drink is the best freebie but drinkers...

SDP can be had for about 100 CDN pp - sorry not sure what it is for USD but that's what I got charged approx for 4 meals.

Shore credit...I just laugh at the $50 - won't even but a taxi ride in some ports...

And internet...shouldn't you be on vacation to disconnect? Just saying...

Beverage package has highest money value, you will have to pay an 18% gratuity charge on that value which is about $80pp on a 7 day (equivalent of about one drink per day). So, just two drinks per day starts saving money (based on $9-$10 per drink). Dining package value is about $16 per day (factoring in the $13 gratuity). Assuming specialty dining interests you in my reasoning that means you would have to have at least three drinks per day for the UBP to be equal and four to be the better package.

Edited by Boschmann

Thank you! I'm not sure what is best for us as we plan to take excursions, drink, and speciality dine EyeSeaEwe. That is why I was hoping to get some suggestions from previous cruisers on their experiences to help define what is best for us.

OP stated best value and seemed to eliminate wifi package. Shore excursion money is straightforward, but assumes willingness to pay for expensive NCL excursions so I don't consider it a value. I also had equal interest in both dining & beverage packages so looked at it the same way - which was offering me the best value, money wise.

OP stated best value and seemed to eliminate wifi package. Shore excursion money is straightforward, but assumes willingness to pay for expensive NCL excursions so I don't consider it a value. I also had equal interest in both dining & beverage packages so looked at it the same way - which was offering me the best value, money wise.

What's worse, some port times have been shortened drastically. This makes it unfeasible to do many excursions at those ports. Unfortunately, you don't get a "pot of money" to spend as you see fit. There is a certain amount PER PORT available to you. If you don't use it, you lose it.

Thank you! I'm not sure what is best for us as we plan to take excursions, drink, and speciality dine EyeSeaEwe. That is why I was hoping to get some suggestions from previous cruisers on their experiences to help define what is best for us.

Look at the choices available,. If it just a matter of which give you the biggest financial benefit do the math.