First time family cruisers Breakaway or Escape?

sandheichert

Well....with the new promo's out today..we switched from the Escape to the Breakaway. We understand the itinerary is not good on the breakaway but for our first cruise not having to deal with flying or driving 2 days to get to the ship is huge. Plus we booked a Large Balcony room with drinks and dining included!! Can't wait.

I sailed on the Breakaway Nov 30 through Dec 11th, 2015. It was my 20th cruise, and I was really impressed on the great job they did with so many passengers. We only had cool weather the day after sailing and the day before we got back. Otherwise, the pool was being utilized. I've never been on the Escape, but I usually book by ports and price, not ship. If airfare is not too expensive for your family, you might want to go on the Escape just for the ports and extra pool time for the kids. However, if you want to save money, definitely go on the Breakaway. I've never seen a ship's Captain around on any cruise as I did on the Breakaway. He cared about his passengers AND staff. He also was truly amusing in his responses at question and answer sessions! Just remember, a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work.

Thanks for the suggestions. Would love to not have to fly but really like the ports better with the escape!

There's your answer. Take Escape and enjoy the ports. Breakaway will remain the easy option from NJ that you Can do anytime.