Couple questions about Escape...bedding options and pick free

scrappinannie

Hi, all! Getting ready to book our spring break on the amazing new ESCAPE and had a few questions before I pull the trigger that I am hoping someone here can answer.

#1. Bedding options. We are booking a family mini suite on deck 10 and they are asking about what bed configuration we'd prefer. Choices in the drop down are Pullman, sofa bed, convertible. We're a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 6 & 9. I assume it's referring to the 3rd and 4th passenger beds, correct? We've never sailed with the kids, so this is kind of new to us. DH & I were on the Epic last year in a balcony on deck 13 and loved it. But we were only 2 so the one bed was fine for that. But this is new....so, is the Pullman what would come out of the ceiling or the wall? Sofa bed is obvious. What's convertible? I think once I know what each one is I can make the decision.

#2 Our sailing has the Pick Free promos available, in which we can choose from free ultimate beverages, free specialty dining, Wi-Fi, or $50 per stateroom credit for each of our port days (3 in all). We are leaning towards either the beverage package or the specialty dining, but it says both of these promos are for the first 2 passengers in the cabin only. So if we choose dining, we would have to pay for the kids if we eat in a specialty restaurant? That seems weird. Could it be because it's also family and friends sail free during this cruise, too, so they're only giving the package to the paying passengers?? I wasn't sure. Either way, we got a great rate so I'm not going to complain, but I want to make an informed decision.

TIA.

Not sure of the Escape mini suite configs, but assume there is a drop down single and couch that converts to small bed so you can have two or three separate beds. Either way you pick online the room steward will set it up how you want in the end.

Regardless of KSF, only first two in stateroom get the SDP perk. In a specialty restaurant kids under 12-ish can order from a universal kids menu free of charge. There is no half price specialty menu for kids any more so if they want to order of the menu they pay full cover or al-a-carte price.

Is there some place we can view the universal kid's menu? I am considering this option, and our kids are 6 and 10. The 6 year old won't care, but our oldest is a healthy and explorative eater, so I don't want to make her have only Mac and cheese and pizza for four nights.

I know there is plenty of food available around the ship, but I still don't want her to have a bad experience at dinner on those nights. Thanks!

Is there some place we can view the universal kid's menu? I am considering this option, and our kids are 6 and 10. The 6 year old won't care, but our oldest is a healthy and explorative eater, so I don't want to make her have only Mac and cheese and pizza for four nights.

I know there is plenty of food available around the ship, but I still don't want her to have a bad experience at dinner on those nights. Thanks!

CamaCama has a photo of the children's menu in posting 72 of her review of the EScape. IMHO, her review is a must read if traveling with children -- great photos and discussion of children's programs

Another option for the meals is to take the kids somewhere else to eat and then let them go to the kids club whilst you eat.

We often do that, as our son would rather be there than sitting down having a full meal. We usually have a few family meals together but also have a couple where it's just the two of us whilst our son goes and has fun. That works well for all of us.