Shorter vs. Longer Cruises

sachmo9085

My husband and I have never taken a cruise that is less than 6 days long. I love longer cruises and usually we save up for them once every other year or so and it's our big vacation for that year. However, I'm pregnant and we were looking for babymoon ideas and I've seen how cheap some of the 3 and 4 day cruises are with Carnival over the next couple months. Luckily, flights are cheap too and the cruises all happen well before I hit 24 weeks (when most lines won't let you sail anymore). So, I'm looking for opinions about taking a much shorter cruise than we ever have before. Do you feel like we’ll miss anything from not having as much time on the ship? I usually love to settle in to our room, making it our home for the next week, getting to know some of the staff, etc. I feel like I could be totally okay without that though to escape the cold of Iowa for a weekend =) Also, I understand that on a shorter cruise, especially close to spring break times like this, we could start running into more of a “party” crowd when I clearly will not be partaking in that kind of partying (whatevs. It doesn’t bother me when people party harder than I do on a longer cruise, so I can’t imagine it would bother me now). That stuff aside, any thoughts on a short cruise vs. a longer cruise?

My first 2 cruise were 7 and 8 nights, my third was a 5 night. It definitely felt shorter, but not to the point where it flew by to the point where I didn't even feel like I was on vacation. Sure I'd love another 2-3 night on board, but as you mentioned the price is great on some of the 3,4,5 night cruises Carnival offers.

Yes, do it, but I highly recommend 4 nights vs 3. The 4 nighter feels a bit more like a longer cruise. The 3 nighter is way too short and the crowds are usually a bit too rowdy for my taste. The whole cruise feels like a blur. By the time you realize you're on vacation, the cruise is over.

Short cruise is not for us. By the time you go through the hassle of airports, shuttles, getting settled in and then it's over and repack, reshuttle, fly back (re-fly not a word) and then jump back into work, seems pointless. It's 7 minimum for us and that's getting too short. Our first 10 day coming up. If you were a Florida resident, I'd say a short cruise would work.

My husband and I have never taken a cruise that is less than 6 days long. I love longer cruises and usually we save up for them once every other year or so and it's our big vacation for that year. However, I'm pregnant and we were looking for babymoon ideas and I've seen how cheap some of the 3 and 4 day cruises are with Carnival over the next couple months. Luckily, flights are cheap too and the cruises all happen well before I hit 24 weeks (when most lines won't let you sail anymore). So, I'm looking for opinions about taking a much shorter cruise than we ever have before. Do you feel like we’ll miss anything from not having as much time on the ship? I usually love to settle in to our room, making it our home for the next week, getting to know some of the staff, etc. I feel like I could be totally okay without that though to escape the cold of Iowa for a weekend =) Also, I understand that on a shorter cruise, especially close to spring break times like this, we could start running into more of a “party” crowd when I clearly will not be partaking in that kind of partying (whatevs. It doesn’t bother me when people party harder than I do on a longer cruise, so I can’t imagine it would bother me now). That stuff aside, any thoughts on a short cruise vs. a longer cruise?

Although, yes, a short cruise is better than no cruise, the hassle of getting on and off one ruined it for us, until we became VIPs 12 years ago.

I find the 7 day cruises are short enough, without making it shorter.

As long as the children are staying home short cruises are fine for us. We don't get into detail in regards to packing without the children and we pack very light.

Keep in mind most short cruises are on older ships so you may be missing some of the amenities that grown used to.

I say go enjoy yourselves & congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk