Victory balconies connect?

kimberlym4

Just booked on the Victory with DH and 2 teenage kids. We tried to find adjoining balcony rooms but the Carnival rep said there are no adjoining balconies so we just booked two right next to each other. Isn't that big of a deal since the kids are older but I got to wondering if the balcony partitions between the 2 rooms are removable?

It's nothing power tools can't solve :D When you asked for connecting balcony's could they have mistook your request for connecting cabins instead of connecting balcony's? To my knowledge most Destiny class and above balcony's can connect and all the steward has to do is unlock the divider to the adjoining balcony. If you wanted connecting cabins than there are only a handful of those in the balcony category, much more in the Interior category.

Yes, I think I was unclear. I initially asked for connecting cabins. The rep said the cabins in the balcony category were not adjoining/connecting from the inside. I didn't think to ask about the balcony itself opening to the room next door and that is what I'm wondering about.

We are on the Empress deck. I think 7344 and 7342.

I was hoping to avoid power tools. It makes the wait in the security lines take so long! ;)

We were on Victory in Rooms 7431&7429. These are Aft ex Balconies. The room steward said we had to go to guess services to ask for the divider to be opened. They then would call the room steward to open it. However, we asked twice, very nicely, and she opened it without going to guess services. Never had a problem getting them to open the divider. It is so much nicer to go back and forth this way.

Not all balcony dividers can be opened for passengers (although all can for cleaning purposes). When we selected cabins for our last cruise we wanted to open the balcony partition. I did a search on this site and found a link to a site that tells you which balconies can be opened etc. I ended up switching rooms to make sure. Carnival rep had no idea which specific balconies could be opened.

Once on board our cabin steward said to go to guest services and guest services would call him. We did and guest services had to check to make sure ours was on the approved list. It was and by the time we got back to the rooms our steward was coming out where he opened them.

We loved the longer balcony and being able to move from room to room without going in hall. But partition did not flush completely flat. Plus on last sea day when did cleaning they were starting to lock them again til I told them ours were open.

Not all balcony dividers can be opened for passengers (although all can for cleaning purposes). When we selected cabins for our last cruise we wanted to open the balcony partition. I did a search on this site and found a link to a site that tells you which balconies can be opened etc. I ended up switching rooms to make sure. Carnival rep had no idea which specific balconies could be opened.

Once on board our cabin steward said to go to guest services and guest services would call him. We did and guest services had to check to make sure ours was on the approved list. It was and by the time we got back to the rooms our steward was coming out where he opened them.

We loved the longer balcony and being able to move from room to room without going in hall. But partition did not flush completely flat. Plus on last sea day when did cleaning they were starting to lock them again til I told them ours were open.

Thank you so much! I did a search here too and found the link (this takes you directly to Victory but one can play around to get to other ships https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/770 ). I'm so glad I did. The two rooms we booked did NOT open on to each other so I just called Carnival and modified the rooms to just a few doors down where it looks like the partitions open onto each other (assuming this website is accurate ;) ). Even if it's not - it will be a great cruise but this is worth a shot!

• 1 month later...

This is one of the many reasons I am thankful for this board! I am traveling with my two young children (3 & 4) my husband and mother in two balcony staterooms - one of the things that was important to us since one of my daughters is booked with grandma in the next room (and the potential for our second daughter to have a sleep over in Gigi's cabin) was that the balcony open for easy access between the two cabins and to enjoy the kids together on the dual balconies. I just found out (even after several calls to carnival to confirm that the balconies will open to one) that the balconies indeed DONT open!!! Luckily I was able to confirm that the cabin on the other side of my mom was still open & the balconies do open so a quick call to carnival eased this mommys delimma!

Thank you again for the posts above and the reference link!