Muster Drill on Golden

bherrell

I will be sailing on the Golden on 12/5 with a group of 12. None of us has booked a flight yet and I was wondering how the Muster drill works. The cruise sails out of San Juan, and I have heard that there might be two Muster drills. Is this true and if so, does anyone know the approximate times of these drills? Thanks in advance!

On the Dawn this past month, San Juan embarkation, they had the drill at 8 pm for a 12 mn sailing. There was a notice in the "Patter" the next day that another drill was being held for those who missed the first one.

Future cruises:

Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess

79 Sitmar's Fairwind

We were on the Golden in the Med last year and the muster drill was held in the theaters rather than by the lifeboats. You had to bring your lifevest and had to put it on. As far as I could tell no one kept track of who attended and who didn't except for the possibility that the cabin stewards may have been checking for people who stayed in their rooms.

Have a great next cruise.

HAL Noordam 3/97 West Carib

Hal Westerdam 12/97 East Carib

HAL Veendam 11/98 East Carib

Hal Zaandam 12/00 South Carib

HAL Veendam 10/01 Panama Canal

RCCL Enchantment 09/02 W.Carib

Costa Atlantica 12/02 E.Carib

HAL Noordam 03/03 S.Carib

Golden Princess 07/03 Med

Celebrity Zenith 12/03 W.Carib

HAL Maasdam 05/04 Canada

just off the golden this past saturday and we had our first drill at 5pm on boarding day and we met in the vista lounge which was much nicer then standing outside in the heat. I also noticed that in the princess paper you get daily that if you missed the first drill there was a time for one the second day. They didn't ask for room numbers. Hope this helps. You will enjoy this ship its very nicely layed out!

CELEBRATING GRAMS 90TH B-DAY! APRIL 17, 2004

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="april" value=5>

<param name="17" value=7>

<param name="5pm" value=17>

</applet>

We met a family on our Golden cruise last month and the make-up drill was held the next day at 9:30am in the Vista showlounge

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Thanks everyone for the info. We booked our flight today and get into San Juan around 4:30, so hopefully we can make the first muster drill. I don't want to miss any of St. Thomas for a make-up muster drill.

Some of the responses above may be misleading. Golden is changing routes (it's in drydock even as we speak). Instead of Eastern Carribbean, beginning next week it does Southern Carribbean, and doesn't leave port until 11pm, not 5pm as is currently the case. So it's more likely to have the Dawn Princess muster schedule as that ship used to leave San Juan at approximately the same late time.

Thanks

Norm

Norm and Maureen Reeder

NCL Sunward 1982,Eastern Carribbean, Sky Princess 1989, New England, Holland America Westerdam 1992, Panama Canal, Sun Princess 1996, Panama Canal, Rennaissance R-3 1999, Tahiti, Grand Princess, 2000 Mediterranean, Sea Princess 2001, Mexican Riviera, Grand Princess Oct 2002, Eastern and Western Carribbean, Tahitian Princess Sep, 2003, Golden Princess Southern Carribbean, May, 2004

bherrell:

I didn't think anyone else was booked for the Golden on 12/5 yet! My husband and I will be there (we actually booked last October). We'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversay a few months late. I can't wait until December!!

We were bad. We didn't go. We lay out by the aft pool and napped. We were tired. oops. No one came and got us. We realize that if everyone did that it would be really bad.

So... everyone else , please continue to attend. It is important. Thank - you.

Archived