Conquest 1-9-16 8 Days

elklemi

I was on the Conquest last week for 8 day cruise and decided to give my impressions on the ship as I search for info on my ship before I sail. I am not a cruise fanatic as I do more AI trips but do one cruise a year for the ports. I am 68 and got to the port at 11:40 and got on the ship little before 1:00 and things went smoothly and room was ready when I got on ship (7436 interior). I had read about the ship being warm but I found the opposite as it was very chilly on the ship and I had my room ac turned down most of the trip. I was glad I had a light jacket and long sleeve t shirt to wear at times. After about 3 days they must have turned down the ac in the dining room as it was comfortable the rest of the cruise. Ship was fine to me and staff were all very nice and hard working. this was my first experience with Blue Iguana, Red Frog, Cantina, and Guy's Burger. I didn't care much for the Guy's altho it was busy every day and they really move the line there so don't worry about having a wait. The cantina was nice for a change and I had breakfast one day and lunch twice. I used the buffet the other days for lunch. I really liked the BI and RF bars, they added a new excitement over past trips and I like they have several island beers to choose from, you can get a bucket of these and save $2 but since they are glass bottles they give you a copy of the receipt and mark 1 2 3 4 on the top and cross them out as you get another, this means you have to go to the bar but that was not a problem for me. They also had steel drum duo on the Lido each day which is what I have missed. They were from Trinidad and I really enjoyed them. There were very very few kids on this cruise I guess due to being right after Xmas break which was very nice. This was also my first time with the new dining room menu and lack of tablecloths and water on the table did not bother me at all, food was fine and they seemed to do a better job of serving your meal and not dragging out your dinner. I didn't make any shows so can't comment on that. Ports of St Maarten, St. Kitts, Grand Turk, San Juan

were all enjoyable and we had great weather which always helps. I visited the Taste Bar the nights it was open and really enjoyed that experience. They offered the luggage express for $20 and that was well worth not having to lug my luggage thru the port and airport. We were Zone 4 and were called to depart 8:35 and took about an hour to clear customs and get a shuttle to airport which was $11 per person, don't know what a taxi was as this was our first option as we got out the door and wanted to get to airport quickly. I really enjoyed this trip and had no problem with food, service, condition of ship, or staff. I am usually easy going and not much gets to me, but one thing is why do people always stop and block a walkway at the narrowest point so every one has to stop until they decide what to do. That happened over and over again, just step to the side and let others go by and decide what you are going to do, that is my only complaint. Hope this might have some good info for those sailing the Conquest in the future.

We leave on Her this coming Saturday for 8 day Southern Caribbean route. We you in the rear dining room (Monet)??? Just wondered if you remember the name of the head Maitre"D??

Did you save any of the daily papers to scan?? How was the Piano Bar entertainer?? Just a few questions!! Many thanks!! John & Priscilla :)

I was in the rear Monet on deck 4 but do not remember name of head waiter. Our waiter was Jerry and they were all very good. Did not go to piano bar sorry, I have the daily newsletter but am not able to scan so if I can give you any info you need I will try, not very savvy with computer.

We were on this cruise and agree with the OP. This was my first time with the new American Table. It was OK, some of the nightly choices were not my taste but I did find something each night that I enjoyed. Shows are the the playlist production. Lots of computer sound/lights background, no live band, singers not the best. I think this has been one of the biggest cutbacks. Cruise Director was a 4 on a scale 1 -10, his staff was a 4 also. :cool:

We were on this cruise too and enjoyed it immensely! We had the Your Time Dining which was in Renoir Deck 3. Can't complain about anything for the cruise itself. We didn't like a few of the islands, but it wasn't the cruise lines fault. Mostly it was the tours we took from off-site vendors that was the issue!

• 2 weeks later...