Not As Glitzy??

cruzeluver

This may seem like an odd question, but here goes..........

Are any of the Carnival ships less glitzy, Vegas-y, then the others? Perhaps a bit more sedate in decor? I know this sounds odd, but I really like Carnival's service and their prices can't be beat. However, if they have a ship or two that's a bit less flashy, that would be great for me.

Any thoughts??

I thought the Fantasy was less glitzy than the Sensation. The Sensation had a beautiful piano bar in the Atrium, the Fantasy had nothing really. I kind of missed the glitz! :) Does anyone know how the Inspiration is? The website pictures seem like its glitzy, but who knows how old those pictures are. Is that big Gold contraption in the Atrium of the Inspiration pictures still there?

I've only been on the Ecstasy and the Elation. Even though they are "sister" ships, I found the Elation much classier, much ritzier (is that a word?) than the Ecstasy. The Ecstasy decor struck me as something out of Vegas in the 70s. Very garish, too much neon! (But still, we did have a fun cruise!)

Looking forward to the Victory, which from pix looks very nice indeed.

Laura

Is that big Gold contraption in the Atrium of the Inspiration pictures still there?

No that was removed about a year ago and replaced with a lobby bar. This change was made in a dry dock refit about this time last year. I was on the second sailing after the refit. Ship was very nice.

Have all those silly art fixtures at the bottom of the atriums on the Fantasy class ships been replaced with bars. That was the most sterile wasted space I'd ever seen.

I was quite please the first time I sailed on the Triumph, and seen what they had done.

Archived