Valor and St. Martin Flea Market

Brenda33

We are sailing on Valor on November 6th. One of the places we are visiting is St. Martin. My mom told me that she cruised on another cruise line and as soon as they got off the ship the flea market was right there!! Does Carnival Valor dock in the same spot next to the flea market in St. Martin? Thanks for any help.

The ships dock in Phillipsburg - and there is a nice shopping area right at the pier. All the 'big' stores (Little Switzerland, etc) are there and there are some local boutiques and open-air booths as well. Maybe that's what she was talking about (?).

The only flea market I seen in St. Martin is on the French side in Marigot. The ship docks in Phillipsburg on the Dutch side. It's about a 20 minute taxi ride over to Marigot and $5-$6 each. The flea market was near the beach.

Yes the open air market is a bit skimpy.. not like what you see in Nassau. I do think there is one on the other side besides the French. I do recall being dropped off there after we toured the French side..I do know we didnt spend much time on the French side for shopping so it had to be when we were dropped off in Phillipsburg. The French side the stores were way too expensive. But having said that I found a larger tanzanite ring identical to the one I had bought in St. Thomas..in a jewelry store on the French side..and it was Cheaper!

There is an open market in Phillipsburg as well. It is on one of the back streets torward the municipal building. Once in downtown just ask someone. It is a bit smaller than Marigot, but still lots of items.

Have fun bartering with the folks.

Archived