Spa Treatments

Imasima752

Has anyone here had the Bali “Sunrise Lulur”, Bali Thalassic "Sea and Volcanoes”, Bali "Moisture of the Sunset" and/or "Aurea Thalass" spa treatments? What are they like? I'm all about massages and facials and never had a body treatment before. Any favorite packages or massages?

Has anyone here had the Bali “Sunrise Lulur”, Bali Thalassic "Sea and Volcanoes”, Bali "Moisture of the Sunset" and/or "Aurea Thalass" spa treatments? What are they like? I'm all about massages and facials and never had a body treatment before. Any favorite packages or massages?

Ive had the first 3 more than once as part of a spa packag but I'm struggling to remember the precise details,of each. The moisture one, I tend to book towards the Nd of the trip in case my skin is feeling a bit dehydrated after sun exposure.

They all usually involve a body exfoliation with some sort of body scrub. The first 2 have you then covered in gloop (one is a seaweeds type one the other more a mud type one with sea minerals). They wrap you up in cling film and stick you in this big white machine (I dare say it has a technical name!) with a lid on it (think body sized toastie machine) with only your head sticking out. It heats up a bit and vibrates a bit for a while (all supposedly to make the gloop penetrate more). Then it has a series of water jets to,rinse you off. Once your all cleaned and de-glooped, you get a full body massage.

Hope that gives you an idea of what is involved. MSC aUra Spa will not be employing me any time soon to ride their spa menu descriptions for them!

sEriously though, they do leave your skin feeling much nicer and the massage part has you all chilled out.

Ive had the first 3 more than once as part of a spa packag but I'm struggling to remember the precise details,of each. The moisture one, I tend to book towards the Nd of the trip in case my skin is feeling a bit dehydrated after sun exposure.

They all usually involve a body exfoliation with some sort of body scrub. The first 2 have you then covered in gloop (one is a seaweeds type one the other more a mud type one with sea minerals). They wrap you up in cling film and stick you in this big white machine (I dare say it has a technical name!) with a lid on it (think body sized toastie machine) with only your head sticking out. It heats up a bit and vibrates a bit for a while (all supposedly to make the gloop penetrate more). Then it has a series of water jets to,rinse you off. Once your all cleaned and de-glooped, you get a full body massage.

Hope that gives you an idea of what is involved. MSC aUra Spa will not be employing me any time soon to ride their spa menu descriptions for them!

sEriously though, they do leave your skin feeling much nicer and the massage part has you all chilled out.

Well MSC should give you something as you've sold both of us on trying out at least one body treatment! Thank you for explaining and the suggestion for doing the moisturizing one at the end :).

Well MSC should give you something as you've sold both of us on trying out at least one body treatment! Thank you for explaining and the suggestion for doing the moisturizing one at the end :).

Hope you both enjoy them.

Honestly, even when you can lay your hands on a spa menu with descriptions, it is all such flowery wording you haven't got a clue what they are going to do to you - and MSC Spa is not alone in this.

Their hot stones treatments are bliss as well, so if you see them on a special, snap it up.

• 11 months later...

I see that the spa treatments are offered as packages. Is there just a 55 minute massage available? Can you book it on line or should I just go to the spa the first day and book it. I want a 55 minute couples massage and would like it on day 2 on the Divina sail. Thank you

I see that the spa treatments are offered as packages. Is there just a 55 minute massage available? Can you book it on line or should I just go to the spa the first day and book it. I want a 55 minute couples massage and would like it on day 2 on the Divina sail. Thank you

My husband booked me a massage before we board. Getting ready to leave soon and go get it. And my massage is for 55 minutes.