Is there really dinner and dancing on the Escape?

Karysa

We are booked on the Escape in May. Tonight I was looking at some specifics on the ship and read that there is a dance floor in the Manhattan MDR. Do people actually get up and dance at dinner or is it used later in the evening?

Thanks for the quick replies. Does Manhattans fill up faster than the other two venues because of there's dancing?

Not necessarily. People come and go at different times between 5:30 and 9:00. Same with the Savor and Taste. Not everyone on the ship is dining at the same time.

And the Manhattan Dining room has a stricter dress code vs the other 2 MDRs.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Not necessarily. People come and go at different times between 5:30 and 9:00. Same with the Savor and Taste. Not everyone on the ship is dining at the same time.

And the Manhattan Dining room has a stricter dress code vs the other 2 MDRs.

Thanks, good to know. No jeans and a collar on a shirt for a man would probably be ok I would think.

Edited by Karysa

How does it work, logistically. Do people dance in between courses? After they are done? How do they know when to sit back down because the next course is there? I'm really excited about this venue!

They dance when they want to dance. They sit down when they want to sit down. It's not like there's some rule.

How does it work, logistically. Do people dance in between courses? After they are done? How do they know when to sit back down because the next course is there? I'm really excited about this venue!

I am excited about it as well. It was truly a nice surprise coming across this information.

Adorable. :)

Is there live music and what types of music? I'm thinking John Legend, Michael Buble, Adel. Am I on the right track? :)

I've never heard anything like that, but it varies night to night and cruise to cruise. On our Escape cruise it was more big band or else jazz style, and never a vocalist. It just depends who is playing.

Yes, while it's not a packed dance floor, people get up and dance when the spirit moves them. It's continual music, except when they break. I enjoyed watching couples dance. And yes, the music was instrumental jazzy versions of a variety of songs (at least on nights I was there). I recognized some popular music, even some surprises (e.g., hip hop!) that sounded nice and if you didn't catch it, you wouldn't realize it.

Yes, while it's not a packed dance floor, people get up and dance when the spirit moves them. It's continual music, except when they break. I enjoyed watching couples dance. And yes, the music was instrumental jazzy versions of a variety of songs (at least on nights I was there). I recognized some popular music, even some surprises (e.g., hip hop!) that sounded nice and if you didn't catch it, you wouldn't realize it.

Do all the MDR's have live music? If not then all of my MDR dinners will be at Manhattens. :)

Do all the MDR's have live music? If not then all of my MDR dinners will be at Manhattens. :)

No, just Manhattan Room. It's large, encompasses the entire aft of the ship, and has 2 story ceiling in the middle part. Diners in Cagney's and Moderno can look down upon you dancing. By contrast, the other MDRs are small and nothing special.

Edited by LrgPizza

No, just Manhattan Room. It's large, encompasses the entire aft of the ship, and has 2 story ceiling in the middle part. Diners in Cagney's and Moderno can look down upon you dancing. By contrast, the other MDRs are small and nothing special.

That's good to know. We won't bother with the other two then. Live music at dinner is great but dancing takes it to a whole new level. Thanks for all of your insight. :)

My DH and I love this dining room! One of the highlights of Breakaway as far as we were concerned.

We ate here alot because of the dancing, and the waiters kind of remembered us.

We were not rushed and it seemed as if our food was kind of held for us so it wouldn't get cold.

We are not good dancers, but love the whole atmosphere!

It's awesome!

My DH and I love this dining room! One of the highlights of Breakaway as far as we were concerned.

We ate here alot because of the dancing, and the waiters kind of remembered us.

We were not rushed and it seemed as if our food was kind of held for us so it wouldn't get cold.

We are not good dancers, but love the whole atmosphere!

It's awesome!

I can't wait. It really was a nice surprise to find this out. :)

• 2 weeks later...