Is there really dinner and dancing on the Escape?

Karysa

Can you request songs?
I've never seen this happen, but I guess I don't know why not. It's generally big band or jazz music. For what it's worth, I've never heard anything pop, nor have I ever seen a singer, but I really have limited experience so that doesn't mean anything.

I took was surprised!

Anything similar on the Epic?

Yes, in Manhattan Room. It's the same on Breakaway, Epic, and Escape, and in Tropicana Room on Getaway.

I've never heard anything like that, but it varies night to night and cruise to cruise. On our Escape cruise it was more big band or else jazz style, and never a vocalist. It just depends who is playing.

On the Getaway they had two different groups (duo/trio) that included a vocalist. It will depend on the entertainers booked for the ship. For example, the duo also performed at Sugarcane. I can't recall seeing the trio elsewhere, but I skipped the pool deck and they could have easily played there and I missed them.

People danced and it was really sweet to see many of the couples cut the rug and focus on their partners. We loved the venue and ate there at least 3 times. I'm looking forward to the opportunity on the Escape.

I loved having dinner here on my Breakaway sailing. The dancers from Burn the floor performed a small set during dinner one night. Other nights the band played big band, dance, pop, jazz the vocalist was actually pretty good. Our waiter was excellent and seemed to hold our courses until we sat back down the food was never cold or waiting for us at the table. Enjoy!

Just returned from two very nice weeks on Escape and:

Yes! There is dinner and dancing in Manhatten every night [emoji2]

The music often was swing or jazz, but also rumba and cha cha cha sneaked in [emoji6]. No waltz or other things in need of lots of space.

Compared with Epic the space was very good. The size was about 20 x 20 feet or a bit more and the surface was in very good shape. Not feeling like walking on glue or chewing gum. You could slide where necessary. It was like a dance-floor should be. [emoji2]

I talked with the maitre'd during the M&G and told her about this good experience. She promised to keep size and conditions. She also said: There is no influence on the music except by the customer. Therefore: Keep asking for your music [emoji2].

We never returned to our table with a cold meal waiting. The waiters organized it very well. We never where rushed out of the venue when dessert was finished and where always able to dance a little bit more.

On the other hand the waiters managed very well a "faster dinner" when it once was required due to a show starting soon.

And the crew at the entrance did a great job also. We never had problems to get a table right beside the dance-floor and therefore never had to waste half of a dance by running to the dance-floor.

ImageUploadedByForums1455545276.599874.jpg.c2c6e505b9157b2e67ad4ebf8e0c7725.jpg