Internet packages

I am sailing on Anthem of the Seas January 25th. Does anyone know if the interent package needs to be purchased for the entire cruise or csn you jsur buy days as you want them? We were thinking of maybe buying it ecery other day.

Thinkng there may be a coupon in the Crown and Anchor booklet, but won't know that till we bosrd.

Thank you

You can buy the Internet packages for a single 24 hour continuous period however it is double what the daily rate is if you were to purchase the package for the week.

There are no longer C&A booklets. The coupons are now loaded directly on your seapass card. You will find a printout of what coupons there are in your room on day 1.

What C&A level are you?

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Is it better to book our internet before the cruise or wait till we board. We want the 1 device 24 hour wifi for our 5 day cruise on the IOTS seas on Feb 22 cruise . Thx for any info , ps we cruised once before on RCCL in 2008 .

Is it better to book our internet before the cruise or wait till we board. We want the 1 device 24 hour wifi for our 5 day cruise on the IOTS seas on Feb 22 cruise . Thx for any info , ps we cruised once before on RCCL in 2008 .

If you want to receive any C&A discounts you are entitled to you must book on board.

I am sailing on Anthem of the Seas January 25th. Does anyone know if the interent package needs to be purchased for the entire cruise or csn you jsur buy days as you want them? We were thinking of maybe buying it ecery other day.

Thinkng there may be a coupon in the Crown and Anchor booklet, but won't know that till we bosrd.

Thank you

Onboard when one buys the internet package into the cruise you only pay for the days remaining but it must be for all remaining days.

To get full value from two or more D or D+ discounts it better to use some credits for single device 24 hours consecutive periods early in the cruise and one credit to help cover the cost of a package to provide internet for the balance of the cruise. Also since the 24 hours period really span two days one could skip a day or so between internet periods or the start of a package for the balance of the cruise and still have internet access everyday.

On our recent 12 night Anthem cruise another couple (close friends of ours) and we, D and I, shared our internet to have this at no cost for all days onboard except the first. We used four of our credits for 24 hours consecutive periods to have internet everyday except embarkation day of the first eight days onboard. The first we started mid-day on day 2 since we had free Wi-Fi at our pre-cruise hotel the morning of day 1. That first 24 period took us to mid-day on day 3. We then waited around 24 hours and used DW's second D+ credit to start a second 24 hours period on day 4 which provided internet to day 5. On day 6 we started to use our friends two D credits for 24 hours periods waiting 12 hours or so in between packages since only 24 hours without service was needed for this time frame. At the end I used my D+ credits to get a single device package at no cost for the 4 remaining days. Doing this gave us no cost internet for most of the time we were onboard. One can adjust their internet schedule to take into account port time when you will be off the ship.

We were only checking emails most times but the wives did face time family with their iPad to show off the ship. We made sure to log off after our session so the internet was available to another's device.

Also if sharing make use of the free sites, without needed to log on, if you are accessing any.

Edited by robtulipe

Onboard when one buys the internet package into the cruise you only pay for the days remaining but it must be for all remaining days.

To get full value from two or more D or D+ discounts it better to use some credits for single device 24 hours consecutive periods early in the cruise and one credit to help cover the cost of a package to provide internet for the balance of the cruise. Also since the 24 hours period really span two days one could skip a day or so between internet periods or the start of a package for the balance of the cruise and still have internet access everyday.

On our recent 12 night Anthem cruise another couple (close friends of ours) and we, D and I, shared our internet to have this at no cost for all days onboard except the first. We used four of our credits for 24 hours consecutive periods to have internet everyday except embarkation day of the first eight days onboard. The first we started mid-day on day 2 since we had free Wi-Fi at our pre-cruise hotel the morning of day 1. That first 24 period took us to mid-day on day 3. We then waited around 24 hours and used DW's second D+ credit to start a second 24 hours period on day 4 which provided internet to day 5. On day 6 we started to use our friends two D credits for 24 hours periods waiting 12 hours or so in between packages since only 24 hours without service was needed for this time frame. At the end I used my D+ credits to get a single device package at no cost for the 4 remaining days. Doing this gave us no cost internet for most of the time we were onboard. One can adjust their internet schedule to take into account port time when you will be off the ship.

We were only checking emails most times but the wives did face time family with their iPad to show off the ship. We made sure to log off after our session so the internet was available to another's device.

Also if sharing make use of the free sites, without needed to log on, if you are accessing any.

Thank you. We are traveling alone, but good idea.

Also going on the Anthem. Did you enjoynthe cruise? We were supposed to leave tomorrow, but due to the storm, it was rescheduled to Tuesday. We are waiting to hear about itinerary changes.

Thank you for the info. My daughter and I will share the one device plan on the Indy next month (we are only Gold members tho so I think a small discount is what we'd get). If we are in different parts of the ship is there a way to know if one of us is using the device or will I know if I try to sign in and get an error message? Also what do you mean by "make use of the free sites"? Thanks