Sun/Dawn Princess --- Category AB minisuite question

Jack1963

I am hoping someone can give me more details about the AB category minisuites on the Sun and Dawn Princess. All I really know about them is that they are located at the back of ship, and are supposedly a little larger than regular minisuites.

Any information about these cabins would be greatly appreciated. I am specifically looking at the Sun Princess, cabin B750 and wondering if this is this a good location? Is the balcony private? Noise?? Room layout/size?

Thanks!

I have to apologize....it appears I posted three messages about this topic today. My browser kept timing out, and I didn't think the message had sent. So I managed to send three of them!

So sorry!!

Jack:

We had this cabin back in October and it was great! Size-wise, I understand it was about 512 sq ft - lots of marble, wood, separate tub and shower areas - huge balcony - very private - if you do a search you'll find some extensive discussion on this topic - check Sun Princess mini-suites or similar. Would recommend it highly and well worth the additional bucks.

Have a great trip!

We booked C747 on Dawn in January. (AB) Just so you know I did some checking and there is a big difference in the cabin size from B deck to C deck. I originally booked B deck and found out that it was 363 sq feet and that C deck cabin same location just down was 520 sq ft. The size is approximate as i do not remember exactly but it is very close. These are both AB mini's on the aft of the ship. Call princess to get the exact size but I quickly called my TA and got the bigger mini for the same price. Hope this helps

Sun Princess 04

Dawn Princess 03

Carnival Imagination 95,96,97,98

Royal Caribean Splendor of the Sea 98

Holland Massdam 99

Carnival Destiny 00

Costa Atlantica 00,01,02

Another question regarding the aft minisuites on the Sun....

The Category AB Dolphin Deck cabins are directly about the Vista Lounge. Would there be any noise troubles from this?

And I am trying to figure out why the Baja Deck locations would be smaller than the Caribe. Are the Dolphin locations also smaller than Caribe?

So many questions!!! icon_smile.gif

There are actually some posts about the noise and the Vista lounge/aft cabins. Just do a search. I am not sure why the Caribe is bigger. I believe that part of it is because the balcony is bigger. The ship is longer when you go down in the aft, possibly why the balcony is bigger. Someone also posted pictures of the Dawn aft so you can see the cabins and how it goes out further. It is posted as the Sun aft but it is really the Dawn. You will need that in your search.

Sun Princess 04

Dawn Princess 03

Carnival Imagination 95,96,97,98

Royal Caribean Splendor of the Sea 98

Holland Massdam 99

Carnival Destiny 00

Costa Atlantica 00,01,02

Robroy, Could you give more specifics as to the cabin layout? Is the bedroom and sitting area separated by a curtain or wall? My mom and I have booked this suite for next March. This is our first time in an aft suite. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robroy:

Jack:

We had this cabin back in October and it was great! Size-wise, I understand it was about 512 sq ft - lots of marble, wood, separate tub and shower areas - huge balcony - very private - if you do a search you'll find some extensive discussion on this topic - check Sun Princess mini-suites or similar. Would recommend it highly and well worth the additional bucks.

Have a great trip!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3/9/05 Eastern Caribbean

Sun Princess

Westerdam:

Ok - here goes! You enter a small hallway which leads to the sitting room. Straight ahead is the gorgeous balcony which consisted of two teak full loungers and a table with four chairs - also teak.

There is a wall separating the sitting room from the bedroom area. Near the balcony - still in the sitting room - is a wet bar with a fridge adjacent to this. As you enter the bedroom area, the bed is to the left while on the extreme right is a nice makeup area with a fold-up mirror. My wife thought this was great! To the right of the bed you'll find a large walk-in closet. Just beyond that you'll find the w/c along with a full shower while across from this room is a double sink with a marble jet tub. The marble in these rooms is fabulous - reminiscent of the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas if that helps. There are also two tv's - one to be viewed from the bed and one in the sitting room.

This was our first time in an aft suite also and I'm afraid we're spoiled forever now. I think you'll love it. As previously mentioned, there is some vibration when manouevring into and out of port - the light over the bed shook and rattled - but no big deal. On the balcony, you'll find it completely private unless you wish to lean over the rail. Because you're at the centre of the ship (while on the Dawn on Baja and on Caribe and Dolphin the AB minis are on the outside), you can't see into your neighbor to either side. Looking up from the rail you get to see those hanging over the rail on the exposed deck above - no problem though. All in all, a great experience. I should also mention the steward service was top notch - what you might expect in the high rent district, with the full suite next door.

Hope you have a great trip - no doubt your suite will certainly contribute to the experience. We had three days of fairly constant rain on our trip and couldn't have cared less!

Rob icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much Robroy for the information. It sounds fabulous!!! One more question if you don't mind, did you happen to notice if there was a bed that pulled down from the ceiling?

3/9/05 Eastern Caribbean

Sun Princess

The reason the Baja suites and minis are smaller is because the back structure of the ship angles forward--look at a picture and you'll see what I mean. We in a suite on Caribe and noticed the thruster vibration but again it's of very sort duration. We loved our balcony and the privacy - plus that great wake view!

There are no pull down beds in these staterooms. The sofa is convertible to a third.

Cruisin' Chris

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;5;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000  5/19/04 Grand Princess Baltic Heritage

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

While there is a wall separating the sitting room from the bedroom area, it doesn't go all the way. There is a 1 foot curtain is addition. Privacy is an issue in B750: about 6 feet of open space that cannot be closed. Loved this mini and felt as though we were in a suite.

Having just returned from a Diamond mini which was about 350 square feet, I will safely vouch that B750 definitely measures 512 square feet as told me by a Princess rep before booking it. There is so much more room, we felt crowded in the Diamond mini until we got used to it. The layout has many "stations" (bar area, makeup table, two bathrooms, which eliminates the "people running into people" traffic patterns of a regular mini on the Grand and Gem class ships.

Will be booking B750 again!

Diamond Princess 03/04

Sun Princess 12/03

Grand Princess 12/02

Royal Princess 08/02

Ocean Princess 08/01

Pacific Princess 12/00

Carla C. 03/83

Thanks for the information Tania. I wonder why the brochure calls the bedroom "private" when it is really not. I think I will bring something to close up that opening at night. I want my mom to have some privacy. I will sleep on the sofa bed. I love the idea of the bathroom close to the bed. And one person can take a shower and another a bath at the same time. We were in a mini on the Coral last time. This is going to be quite a change for us!!!

3/9/05 Eastern Caribbean

Sun Princess

Archived