Leaving on Jewel on Sunday - couple of questions.

OK, I'm getting really excited for our upcoming Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean cruise, but I have a couple of questions.

1. What kind of toiletries do they have? Don't know if it makes a difference, but we'll be staying in an inside cabin. I imagine they'll have bars of soap and/or soap dispenser, but what about shampoo, lotion, etc.?

2. With the ship sailing at 8:30 PM and the muster drill between 7:00 and 8:30, how do they do dinner that evening?

Thanks.

OK, I'm getting really excited for our upcoming Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean cruise, but I have a couple of questions.

1. What kind of toiletries do they have? Don't know if it makes a difference, but we'll be staying in an inside cabin. I imagine they'll have bars of soap and/or soap dispenser, but what about shampoo, lotion, etc.?

2. With the ship sailing at 8:30 PM and the muster drill between 7:00 and 8:30, how do they do dinner that evening?

Thanks.

At a minimum, you will get two bars of soap and a dispenser of combo shampoo/conditioner in the shower. If you want more, ask your stateroom attendant, they have been known to provide the amenities that the suites normally get.

Edited by clarea

Thanks.

Muster for my sailing last month was at 7:30. They will not allow you to book specialty dinner for 7pm seating for example.. you either have to book early or 8pm and later. Early seating at the Main dining room they will have you out on time as well for muster, and then the normal 8pm seating on the first night.

Thanks.

Just returned from January 10th from our 3 cruises on Jewel. You will get bar soap in your cabin with the infamous "all purpose" gel in the shower. You can ask your cabin attendant for the small bottles of shampoo/lotion/conditioner.

Muster drill was at 8:00 with our 8:30 departure. All venues were closed at 7:45 and then reopened at the conclusion of the drill.

If you have traditional early seating at 6PM, you would be done. If you have late seating at 8:30 you won't be affected. MTD closes at 7:45 and then reopens at the conclusion of the drill.

Muster for my sailing last month was at 7:30. They will not allow you to book specialty dinner for 7pm seating for example.. you either have to book early or 8pm and later. Early seating at the Main dining room they will have you out on time as well for muster, and then the normal 8pm seating on the first night.

We did a b2b2b on Jewel beginning December 20th and on all 3 cruises Muster Drill was at 8PM.

Main Seating was 6:00 and Late was 8:30. MTD began at 5:30.

Edited by cruisenfever

Muster drill was at 8:00 with our 8:30 departure. All venues were closed at 7:45 and then reopened at the conclusion of the drill.

Main Seating was 6:00 and Late was 8:30. MTD began at 5:30.

OP... this is correct... my post is incorrect now that I re-think.

Thx Patti :)

No problem. We all know how times can change from one cruise to the next.:D

Agreed:) ... but you're right on this one. Rethinking my first night we went to Chop's at 6:30 and were told we needed to be out before muster (muster could not have been 7:30 if we were seatet at 6:30!).

Edited by Hoopster95