Sailing Transatlantic 3rd Jan 2006?

Cruising Ken

Another curious crosser....what are the price reductions.....certainly not in the UK - an M4 is still more expensive than a C GTY in the US - including flights....and my US based friend who has booked this crossing was told by his TA no price cuts......do tell!

Peter

I can't speak for anyone else but I've seen offers on UK tv teletext sevice rangeing between £699 for the 6day crossing and £499 for nine days with overnight flight from Fort Lauderdale.

Problem is I didn't note which agent was doing the £499 offer, and have scoured the web without success. That should teach me.:mad: But it was on ITV page 228.

I can't speak for anyone else but I've seen offers on UK tv teletext sevice rangeing between £699 for the 6day crossing and £499 for nine days with overnight flight from Fort Lauderdale.

Problem is I didn't note which agent was doing the £499 offer, and have scoured the web without success. That should teach me.:mad: But it was on ITV page 228.

five or six had these offers last weekend but they seem to be all gone now

the good old CO-OP (travel) definately had them at that price..

cheers sean

Hey Guys

I see Cunard is now discounting this trip heavily with M6's at £699 including a 2 night stay at the Sheraton and flight back!!!! Page link to Cunard site is below

Enjoy

Ken

Thanks for posting Ken.....tho I still suspect the cousins get better deals with $1299 for a C6 GTY vs the UK at £1289 for C5 ($2250) - even including airfare and two nights in a hotel.....(and if you are a cousin - you get pre-crossing air too!).

Peter

Hi Guys

have just seen cruisedotcodotuk advertising the 9 nights to Ft Lala from £699.

Peter .... where is this bountious rate for the cousins being advertised???

Seems strange they are discounting so far in advance n'est pas?

Ken

Peter .... where is this bountious rate for the cousins being advertised???

Seems strange they are discounting so far in advance n'est pas?

Ken

Ernie mentioned it in early August - I don't think the rates were advertised - you had to call Cunard US.....SOU to NYC was $699 (~£399) M6 or $799 to FLL. That included air from the US....which I won't be able to use as you have to use it pre-crossing. Hence my foray into Caronia for Mauretania (UK) prices....

The discounting is starting in the UK now the 90 day final payment threshold has passed....dressed up with '2 night stays' in NY so you can't do an 'apples to apples' directly between US and UK fares.

Ken, we're not tempting you are we?;)

Peter

Ken, we're not tempting you are we?;)

Peter

I doubt anything would tempt Ken to bail out on his warm, sunny voyage aboard Arcadia !!!!

We'll all be shivering and suffering, cold, enduring 100 foot waves and seasickness aboard the hangin-on-by-a-thread MV RUSTBUCKET while Ken lives the life of Whicker with P&O, sitting up on deck, in the Mexican sun, in his Speedo, drink in hand, bronzed....it'll be good to be Ken !!!

Tom

I doubt anything would tempt Ken to bail out on his warm, sunny voyage aboard Arcadia !!!!

We'll all be shivering and suffering, cold, enduring 100 foot waves and seasickness aboard the hangin-on-by-a-thread MV RUSTBUCKET while Ken lives the life of Whicker with P&O, sitting up on deck, in the Mexican sun, in his Speedo, drink in hand, bronzed....it'll be good to be Ken !!!

Tom

Ah yes, MV SPOTTHEDIFFERENCE, puttering along at 22 knots, the mosquitoes, the flight delays, possibly getting back onboard the MV CANYOUTELLTHEDIFFERENCE by mistake.....yes, it will be fun!;)

Peter

......Ken, we're not tempting you are we?;)

Peter

No Peter you are not tempting me .... Tom's got it more or less correct!

Flight delays? - no we are Christmassing in Palm Springs then popping down to Acapulco a day or so ahead of sailing. Then we are spending a week in Barbados to get over all those mosquitos - that is if we get back on the right ship (well they are all white aren't they!). Pity you won't get chance to get off the old 'Rustbucket' as you call her, to have a look at her redeeming feature (her exterior).

Oh well I wonder how low will they go to fill the old girl???

It's good to be me - Ken!!!

Pity you won't get chance to get off the old 'Rustbucket' as you call her, to have a look at her redeeming feature (her exterior).

It's good to be me - Ken!!!

Ken:

I sure agree with you that it would be a treat to see QE2 cutting through the North Atlantic, from the vantage point of another ship. Last December, the first day out of Southampton and south of Ireland, my wife and I spotted two or three fishing vessels bobbing up and down in the seas. I wondered: (a) what must those cold, wet fishermen be thinking, and (b) what a magnificent sight we must have been.

If only we could get "Scotty" to operate that transporter for us briefly...

Tom;)

PS Ken, while in Palm Springs, be sure to say "hi" to my sister-in-law and her husband. They'll be the aging couple, decked out in leather, blasting by you on a motorcycle !!

Ken:

I sure agree with you that it would be a treat to see QE2 cutting through the North Atlantic, from the vantage point of another ship. .

Yeah ... it would be a treat to be on any other ship!!

.....PS Ken, while in Palm Springs, be sure to say "hi" to my sister-in-law and her husband. They'll be the aging couple, decked out in leather, blasting by you on a motorcycle !!

Yeah ... but all the aging couples are decked out in leather and on motorbikes - that's why we like it!!!!!

Ken:

I sure agree with you that it would be a treat to see QE2 cutting through the North Atlantic, from the vantage point of another ship.

Yes, it is a treat to see the true pride of the British Merchant Navy cutting through the North Atlantic. I savour those memories of her doing such from when I was on the QM2's maiden east-bound transatlantic crossing last year.

I don't know about tempting Ken C, but this Ken is sea sick already, sick with envy that is!

I think I've probably "missed the boat" as far as pricing goes. It's what comes of having too many irons in the fire. I also want to do the Norwegian Dream from Miami/Galveston to Dover in April. So somethings got to give:(

Hi Ken

don't understand - are you are going or not???? Am sure that prices may drop even more - there must still be a lot of bunk beds to sell on this January transatlantic!!! There are a lot of repositioning transatlantic crossings this Spring. What are the NCL prices like? Have you ever tried Celebrity - stylish ships at very good rates.

Regards

Ken

Hi Ken. yes indeed. I am also tempted by CC Constellation from NY to Dover but this also clashes with NCL Dream.

The attraction to the Dream is simple. Cost. Last year we sailed Dream twice, the second was Dover to Miami in september. 16days outside cabin on promenade deck with all transfers flights and car parking at heathrow for about £750. The food was excellent, service as good as any and better than most. You see the attraction?

The first Dream we did Rome to Dover 12 nights, same cabin £399. Cruise only.

Also I understand their brand new Pride of Hawaii is due to maiden in April, but no details yet.

It seems that quite a lot of people are going to be embarking from Southampton for the 3rd January crossing. Can I recommend Coach Connect as a means of getting there. This is a coach service operated on behalf of Cunard, which we used last year, and found to be very easy and efficient. They do local pick-ups in most areas and take an unlimited amount of luggage, which is transferred drectly to your cabin, so it is all very painless. It also has the advantage that QE2 will not sail without the Coach Connect passengers - peace of mind! We think it represents very good value. For example, the cost from our area (Bedfordshire) is £49 pp return - less than the train fare. They need minimum numbers to operate, so I am encouraging others to join us!

Yup we are sailing out of the northeast for 600.00. Airfare included out of Boston over to South Hampton and sailing back and flying back to back to Boston. Way to go and can"t wait.

Archived