Post Office

pbrady

Thank you!! I thought I remembered seeing mail boxes just to the left as you walked out. Taking a 1st time cruiser & she insists on mailing post cards. On most of the islands, it is a ways to the closest one & the only other one that is close is Barbados (right in the duty free area) but we are there on Sunday. We usually take US stamps & mail in San Juan or St. Thomas but neither is on our itinerary this time.

My niece collects post cards when anyone of us in the family goes out of the country.

When I can't find a post office, I ask the person in the shop where I buy the post card, if they also sell stamps,100% of the time they say yes.

I write down a quick note and they are always willing to give the post card to the mail carrier when they stop at that store.

It saves lots of time,because so often those post offices really work on island time,people in line will stay at the counter and "catch up" with the clerk :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I love going to the Post Office in St Kitts! The first answer is correct, it is to the left as you come off the ship, outside the clutter of shops and bars in the pier area. It's perhaps a block or so along the road. It's quite formal and somewhat British inside, and I've never had to wait long for service. The stamps are quite interesting with local birds and plants. I'm always interested to see how long it takes for people back home to receive them.

You can buy Post Cards in the stores around the main traffic circle. Just walk straight ahead after you leave the port stores. You will go by a square park, and then come to the round traffic circle.