Pros/Cons ships for kids

my1stcruise

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice as we plan our next cruise. We took our kids on the Sunshine last year and they LOVED it. We were planning to go on the Magic this summer, which I know would be similar as far as amenities (with more pools -- YES!). However, I'm now seeing that we could go on the Pride for less money and without having to fly. I knew the kids would love the Magic. How does the Pride compare for kids?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice as we plan our next cruise. We took our kids on the Sunshine last year and they LOVED it. We were planning to go on the Magic this summer, which I know would be similar as far as amenities (with more pools -- YES!). However, I'm now seeing that we could go on the Pride for less money and without having to fly. I knew the kids would love the Magic. How does the Pride compare for kids?

How old are the kids? Magic has the cool waterpark option vs the pride. The magic would likely be better for kids unless they are really young.. The breeze would be even a better option.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any more advice? I'm also looking at similar options right now.

Pride out of Baltimore: requires no flying for us, 7 night, 3 sea days

Sunshine out of Port Canaveral: airfare costs, 5 night, 1 sea day

Both are pretty much exactly the same price and both would require a hotel stay the night before. Obviously the Pride is "easier" without having to fly, etc. but will it keep my young adults and teen children occupied enough? This will be their first cruise.